Confirmed Trade: [DAL/CHI] Max Domi and Dylan Wells for Anton Khudobin and 2025 2nd round pick

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I would imagine the no retaining is at least somewhat financially inspired. This trade is set up so that the money in and out is exactly equal.

It also keeps the asset cost down for Dallas. If we are done (which it seems like we are), there's no need to pay an extra pick for some retainment if we don't need to.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Doubt it unless Chicago retains, and there’s no way we’re doing another multi-year retention.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I'll take Domi over Bertuzzi any day of the week and twice on Sunday...all it cost us was a bad contract and a 2nd in 2025....🤣

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I could see a scenario where you play him at "center" between Benn and Seguin, for a line with three guys who can all kinda-sorta play Center. And i could see that actually being a somewhat successful way of filling out that 2nd line.
Benn and Seguin don't play together anymore, whatever chemistry used to exist is gone. Benn has been paired with Wyatt Johnston all season which has helped revitalize his career. Domi is here to play with Seguin who they've been trying to find someone to fill that gap all year. Domi will take his strong side draws and the same for Seguin. Who actually plays center during the flow of play will be up for debate.

Reactions: JackTColton

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Where’s Domi fitting in ur lineup ?

Gonna be something like:

Robertson - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Johnston - Dadonov
Marchment - Seguin - Domi (Seguin and Domi are interchangeable)
Glendening - Faksa - Dellandrea
Kiviranta, Olofsson

Although Pavelski has looked a lot worse the latter half the season, so perhaps he moves down the line-up and that shakes everything up.

Dallas has tended to operate in forward pairs and then just plug the current best fits in at the third spot.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Excellent deal for Stars. Thats why we all thought Domi would return and he's one of the few center available.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Interesting to see how things play out. It could be a great deal for Dallas if Domi finds chemistry on the 2nd or 3rd line. If not, he won’t add much but Dallas didn’t give up a ton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad