GDT: DAL at CAR

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I haven't been a hat guy for about 10 years, which seems to somehow coincide with the time I met my wife. Go figure.

but I just bought one

The gf and I went out for Valentine’s Day to a nice italian restaurant and I was worried I was going to be underdressed. Got there and we were sat next to a guy in a muscle shirt and baseball cap.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
For those who would like the Canes to grab an early lead, extend it, and coast to victory, this from the past 18 hours:
  • The Minnesota Wild led 4-1 with 12:41 to go in the second period on Friday night. The 21-28-8 New Jersey Devils, playing on the second half of a road back-to-back, scored one in the second, two in the third, and in OT to win 5-4.
  • The Philadelphia Flyers extended their lead over the horribad Detroit Red Wings to 5-1 with two goals 1:24 into the third period. The Wings scored four times to push the game to OT, where the Flyers got the sudden-death winner.
  • Two goals late in the second gave the Western Conference-leading Calgary Flames a 5-2 lead over the Penguins in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Two late Pens chances went just wide and the Flames held on to win 5-4.
It doesn't just happen at home or on the road, and it doesn't just happen to good teams or bad teams, and it doesn't just happen to us. It's the NHL, and everybody is really freakin' good. Every day is a new challenge, and you have to be ready for anything. If you want auto-wins, follow the NBA.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
For those who would like the Canes to grab an early lead, extend it, and coast to victory, this from the past 18 hours:
  • The Minnesota Wild led 4-1 with 12:41 to go in the second period on Friday night. The 21-28-8 New Jersey Devils, playing on the second half of a road back-to-back, scored one in the second, two in the third, and in OT to win 5-4.
  • The Philadelphia Flyers extended their lead over the horribad Detroit Red Wings to 5-1 with two goals 1:24 into the third period. The Wings scored four times to push the game to OT, where the Flyers got the sudden-death winner.
  • Two goals late in the second gave the Western Conference-leading Calgary Flames a 5-2 lead over the Penguins in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Two late Pens chances went just wide and the Flames held on to win 5-4.
It doesn't just happen at home or on the road, and it doesn't just happen to good teams or bad teams, and it doesn't just happen to us. It's the NHL, and everybody is really freakin' good. Every day is a new challenge, and you have to be ready for anything. If you want auto-wins, follow the NBA.
Yeah, no layups (pun intended) in the NHL for sure. I would say though, if we jump up early by a couple on Dallas I feel much better. They are one of the lowest scoring teams this season thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad