Confirmed Trade: [DAL/ARI] Scott Wedgewood for 2023 conditional 4th round pick

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Wedgewood has decent numbers on a bad team and his cap hit is probably favourable to other options Dallas had on the table. If they put Holtby on LTIR, this may leave them some cap to upgrade.

This also allows Adam Scheel to go back to Texas in the AHL and that may help the Stars to a playoff run and more prospect development.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas just really hell bent on not allowing Scheel to start a single game, eh? :laugh:

Otter has started 8 of the last 9, including bith games this weekend.

With Dobby and Holtby (WHY did Nill sign him again) both out of the picture, I guess they were in need of reinforcements.

Just glad they didn't take a flier on Mrazek and that brutal contract.

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dallas just really hell bent on not allowing Scheel to start a single game, eh? :laugh:

Otter has started 8 of the last 9, including bith games this weekend.

With Dobby and Holtby (WHY did Nill sign him again) both out of the picture, I guess they were in need of reinforcements.

Just glad they didn't take a flier on Mrazek and that brutal contract.

I mean Holtby got signed because Khudobin was bad , Bishop injured and Oettinger not a sure thing. Oettinger turned out fine but the other 2 did not.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
GMBA has traded 3 goalies and let 1 go to free agency in less than a year. Problems with the tank!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I mean Holtby got signed because Khudobin was bad , Bishop injured and Oettinger not a sure thing. Oettinger turned out fine but the other 2 did not.

I feel like most of us had Otter pegged as the starter going into the season, until Nill signed Holtby and nobody knew why. Then Otter gets demoted, Bishop never recovers and Dobby turns in one of the worst stats of any starter in the league.

Enter Oettinger, again, to come in and save the day, which is what we hoped he'd do in the first place.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
For those interested, as Wedgewood was acquired by Arizona through waivers, he could not be traded this season without first being offered at waiver prices to all other teams who put in a claim, therefore we can say either Arizona first offered Wedgewood to all other claiming teams for $7,500 and they declined, OR no other teams put in a claim when Arizona did.

I think it’s safe to assume no other team put in a claim.

Reactions: uncleben

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I feel like most of us had Otter pegged as the starter going into the season, until Nill signed Holtby and nobody knew why. Then Otter gets demoted, Bishop never recovers and Dobby turns in one of the worst stats of any starter in the league.

Enter Oettinger, again, to come in and save the day, which is what we hoped he'd do in the first place.
I thought Holtby was good early on, definitely a clear improvement over the Khudobin we’ve seen the past couple years. I liked that signing, I just wish he moved Khudobin in the summer.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I have not followed Dallas goalie situation, but they can't get enough goalies it looks like!

Holtby, Bishop, Khudobin, Oettinger

now Wedgewood???

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
For those interested, as Wedgewood was acquired by Arizona through waivers, he could not be traded this season without first being offered at waiver prices to all other teams who put in a claim, therefore we can say either Arizona first offered Wedgewood to all other claiming teams for $7,500 and they declined, OR no other teams put in a claim when Arizona did.
Would AZ also have to offer Wedgewood to NJ as they obviously weren't able to put in a claim?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad