Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Andrej Sekera signs with the Stars (1 year, $1.5M + $500k in performance bonuses)

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Dallas has probably done a couple of the smartest signings of FA even if one of Perry and Sekera don’t work out. Low risk moves compared to all of the overpayments out there.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
He was a top 4 three years ago.

2 serious injuries requiring surgery in 2 years and hes 34.

He was was having issues pivoting to one side after the achilles injury, but still did really well on his return in a reduced role.

Hes smart getting out of the zone and will be a great mentor on the third, maybe with someone with good mobility.

I'd say this is a good signing by Dallas, and theres a reason he passed through waivers at 5.5mil.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Eh, low risk, medium-ish reward.

How is it not a high reward? Perry at 15 goals for 1.5 million? Sekera #4-5D for 1.5 million?

If they improve from their down years its a good return on investment. If they play how they did last year.. its 1.5 million.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

TK

Feb 26, 2019
How is it not a high reward? Perry at 15 goals for 1.5 million? Sekera #4-5D for 1.5 million?

If they improve from their down years its a good return on investment. If they play how they did last year.. its 1.5 million.

Is 15 goals a high reward? Is a #5 D? Seems like the definition of medium reward to me.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Cant complain with this signing

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - John's/Sekera
Oleksaik - John's/Sekera
Polak

Pretty solid group, especially if John's is able to play this season

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
If he can give them 60+ games, this will turn out to be one of the best value signings today. He'll be missed in Edmonton.

chicago oiler

Jul 17, 2010
Smart move by Dallas, I'm sad to say. Sekera seemed like he might be rounding back into form at the Worlds. If that trend continues, he'll be surprisingly solid.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Even if only one is healthy, it still looks fine:

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns/Sekera
Oleksiak - Fedun/Polak
Fedun/Polak

And if there are injuries (which seem likely), you've now got Djuse, Bayreuther, Cecconi, Gleason, and Hanley all available for call-up. All either have some good potential or have shown they can perform well enough for a short stint.

The defense clearly falls off after the big three, but we're simply not going to get a legitimate #4 defender with our salaries unless we get lucky with someone already in the system. Any money available needs to (and seems to be) go toward scoring.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I thought Sekera was very good in the WC, 1.5 mil is absolutely amazing value for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad