Confirmed Trade: [DAL/ANA] Stars acquire F Andrew Cogliano from Ducks for F Devin Shore

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
F you montreal. We needed shore for our 4th line. I wanted him for hudon plus.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I like it more for Anaheim personally. Their core is getting up there in age so might as well get younger. Cogliano seemed like a good soldier in Anaheim but he never really moved the needle for them.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
On the surface, this seems way better for Anaheim than it does from Dallas. Why is Dallas doing this? They traded the guy who is like 8 years younger, more productive, cheaper and plays the more valuable position.

Shore had an insanely hot week at the beginning of the season, but that's about it. I don't like adding the age and extra term, but Cogliano should help our offense more than Shore did.

Plus, we are a slow team and could use the speed.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't get this deal for Dallas.

TSN ran a story about the Stars shopping Brett Ritchie, whom you'd think the Ducks would be targeting since they've already got his brother.

Why Dallas opted to give away Devin Shore, who knows. He wasn't a gamebreaker most of the time, but there were flashes of top-six potential.

What their plans are for Cogliano, I'm interested in figuring out. :dunno:

Maybe there's more to come from them today, been floundering lately with losses to bottom-feeders like Philly and St. Louis.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I don't get this deal for Dallas.

TSN ran a story about the Stars shopping Brett Ritchie, whom you'd think the Ducks would be targeting since they've already got his brother.

Why Dallas opted to give away Devin Shore, who knows. He wasn't a gamebreaker most of the time, but there were flashes of top-six potential.

What their plans are for Cogliano, I'm interested in figuring out. :dunno:

Maybe there's more to come from them today, been floundering lately with losses to bottom-feeders like Philly and St. Louis.
Not sure why any team would want Ritchie.

This trade doesn't make sense to me, but oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad