Dahlin...stay at home D!?...and Mittlestadt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
I have been wathcing a couple of Sabres games. I root for an other team...but like to watch your games. Sabres is a future team...Stanley Cup contenders in a couple of years...not now...but give it 3-4 years.

A question...why is Dahlin staying at home? He is like the most skilled puckhandler you have got in this team...why not use it? He looks good. But he would be amazing if he could follow up in the offense.

Also...why are your forwards not using the D´s. I have been noticing that forwards just rush the goal...why not playing it back to a D that can take the shot!

Mittlestadt...i´m sorry, i don´t see it. Super overrated player. He does not belong in NHL...i really doubt he would do well in AHL. Everything he does is in slow motion. The passing...the movment. I really don´t get why he is so hyped up.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Hes 18 and 4 games into his NHL career. It will come once he gets more comfortable. Right now hes been great with his stick and gap control which I wanted to see translate before the offense.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Both guys are focusing on their d zone play. Once they are confident to make plays without turning it over they will get going offensively.

And Dahlin has jumped into the rush plenty.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
He is making the right choice to get his own house in order before taking chances, with a bad team.

Our forwards are generally stupid. That’s why they don’t pass to Dahlin enough.

Mitts is young and can play fast. He will be fine.

Reactions: Fearnot

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Also...why are your forwards not using the D´s. I have been noticing that forwards just rush the goal...why not playing it back to a D that can take the shot!
On top of everything else everyone has said... the Sabres have to be leading the league in cycling around the perimeter and passing the puck back to the D for low percentage shots.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Dahlin was a turnover machine in preseason when he tried to rush the puck and stick handle through traffic every chance he got. There would be talk about sending him to Rochester had he continued along that path. He figured out he can't get away with playing the same game he played in Sweden. He's learning to pick his spots. Dahlin is a fast learner. It's not going to take long.

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To be honest, I've loved seeing an 18 year old rookie play such a veteran style two way game. He'll start kicking things into gear for sure offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad