Rumor: Dadonov leaning towards staying in Florida

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If he pulls the shit he did in Columbus he won’t be for long.

Wenny is great defensive player. His vision is top tier as well. He will greatly help your PK unit. But, he’s not great on the dot, isn’t overly physical, and absolutely hates to shoot. You’re going to hate the number of times he passes up a shooting opportunity to instead make a flashy pass.

That being said, he’s more than likely a 3C for FLA.

All we need him to do is pass the puck to Tippett. I think he'll get the chance to prove he ISN'T a 2nd line center. If he falters, Saarela/Borgstrom will move up to 2C. Zito likely promised him a shot at the 2nd line spot though. Either way, he's still better than Trocheck.

Reactions: Laus723

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Barkov is half Russian and Bob ofc

Welcome to Fin Florida. Barkov is Finn, his father was russian, Saarela Fin, Borgstrom Finn, Nutivaara Finn, Loustarinen Finn,
Welcome to Rus Florida Bob is Rus, Dad is/was Rus, Denisenko is Rus,
Welcome to SWE Florida Wennberg, Hörnqvist, Stralman
And then we have the same amount of Can and US Player in this Team i call it quiet good mix.

Ledge And Dairy

Welcome to Fin Florida. Barkov is Finn, his father was russian, Saarela Fin, Borgstrom Finn, Nutivaara Finn, Loustarinen Finn,
Welcome to Rus Florida Bob is Rus, Dad is/was Rus, Denisenko is Rus,
Welcome to SWE Florida Wennberg, Hörnqvist, Stralman
And then we have the same amount of Can and US Player in this Team i call it quiet good mix.
Regardless, he still loves Florida and it doesnt surprise me at all that he wants to resign on a team friendly deal

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think its wild how little we are hearing about who the top availablen forwards are even really talking to. Hall, Toffoli, Hoffman, and we now finally have something for Dadonov. Is kinda wild to me.

I think a lot is waiting on what Hall does. Dadonov staying in Florida makes sense too. No state tax seems a nice bonus with some players feeling the flat cap impact

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Regardless, he still loves Florida and it doesnt surprise me at all that he wants to resign on a team friendly deal

Thats what i said also, its also a question on how much other Teams are interested in him and his play. Yes he still can play the Game, but maybe one of the biggest mistakes maybe our GM has.
Was Dadonov off the Line with Huberdeau and Barkov to spread the scoring, his own scoring and play dropped.

That is for me personal a question mark, i said that the whole Season. Thats why i was leaning more to Hoffman he played his Game no matter which Line or Linemates and scored.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think a lot is waiting on what Hall does. Dadonov staying in Florida makes sense too. No state tax seems a nice bonus with some players feeling the flat cap impact

That and the old 10 Million Contracts really trouble a lot of Buyers this Season, to much Money already placed on less player. not much room to work with.
Rebuild Teams could now the big Winner, when they take all the good players with middle Cap to open room for a single big Contract Player.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That and the old 10 Million Contracts really trouble a lot of Buyers this Season, to much Money already placed on less player. not much room to work with.
Rebuild Teams could now the big Winner, when they take all the good players with middle Cap to open room for a single big Contract Player.

There will definitely be a few bargains as the teams with available cap space bury up

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Yeah I think Panarin and Laf won’t want to play another game for the rangers too. See how easy it is to make stupid statements with no proof?
I actually think Barkov would be nice fit for the Rangers in two years. The final piece.

If Florida still has an internal cap and poor management in two years I see no reason for Barkov to stay.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I imagine they are all waiting on Hall. I have to ask as I do not know - but does the NHL free agency have a timeline? Is it only this weekend or does it last all off season?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah I think Panarin and Laf won’t want to play another game for the rangers too. See how easy it is to make stupid statements with no proof?

Uh...sorry if I ruffled feathers...?

It seems like lots of people think there’s a good chance Barkov doesn’t re-sign in FLA.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I would rather have Hoffman at 7m x 4y than Dadonov at 5.5m x 5y because Hoffman is just an all around better player with more tools and can actually play both wings. But I'm not gonna complain about

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Vatrano - xxxx - Hornqvist
Saarela - Wennberg - Tippett
Verhaeghe - Acciari - Hinostroza

with Borgstrom hopefully fitting somewhere in the middle 6

Connolly?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I heard he's a cannon on skates while Dadonov is Radulov like

Aer you really compare Radonov with Dadonov. I might be remember wrong, but Radulov was called elite set up and playmaker while playing in the KHL. And he still is one of the Best 3 Player complete offensive Skill and set ups.
Dadonov is no near Radulov is and was.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

It seems like lots of people think there’s a good chance Barkov doesn’t re-sign in FLA.

I see him staying here, he is a more family give me safety place Player and he is a Franchise Player, he wont go nowhere.
Sorry FLA is not NYR, where i have to give up all my young Star Player on Cap Issue or think they arent good enough for NYR and 1-2 Years later Rangers in rebuild mode.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

No indication that he wants to leave tbh but it is 2 years away. He seems happy and engaged as captain, spending the shutdown in Florida.

there are more signs that Huberdeau will leave tbh

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I see him staying here, he is a more family give me safety place Player and he is a Franchise Player, he wont go nowhere.
Sorry FLA is not NYR, where i have to give up all my young Star Player on Cap Issue or think they arent good enough for NYR and 1-2 Years later Rangers in rebuild mode.

Rangers? Young star players...? You taking about the same team? :laugh:

this is the first time we’ve had those in forever

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I actually think Barkov would be nice fit for the Rangers in two years. The final piece.

If Florida still has an internal cap and poor management in two years I see no reason for Barkov to stay.

Florida doesn't have an internal cap, if they re-sign Dadonov they are probably only going to have roughly 5M in cap space and still have to re-sign Weegar. You see no reason for Barkov to stay but you don't know anything about Barkov. He likes it in Florida and he doesn't like the spotlight. Sorry but the Rangers are the last team he'd go to.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Florida doesn't have an internal cap, if they re-sign Dadonov they are probably only going to have roughly 5M in cap space and still have to re-sign Weegar. You see no reason for Barkov to stay but you don't know anything about Barkov. He likes it in Florida and he doesn't like the spotlight. Sorry but the Rangers are the last team he'd go to.

Beside that, the Year Barkov must be re-signed the contract of Stralman is out and till then our Belarus Prospect is ready.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Uh, going into second year of being a cap team. Poor man agent? We’re under new management, guess ya missed that.

based on...what? Ohhhh you just WANT Barkov? Lol got it. Lol.

lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad