Proposal: Dadanov to a new home

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if Dadonov had some sort of bounce back next year, but I wouldn't give up much to get him.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Anybody interested ???Solid player 13 goals 7 a in 56 games ,but has lost his place in our top 6...As Connor Brown just seems to be the better fit with the kids we have on our 2nd line...And Batherson plays on the other..

2 years left at 5.5 ,looking for a fast 3rd line RW that can Pk with 10 to 15 goal potential

Neal 30% retained . Edmonton gets a serviceable 2RW . Ottawa saves real dollars. Or Kassian gives Ottawa some toughness saves about 2 million and spreads the cap over 3 years instead of 2 .

I am basing this offer on him being a cap dump

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Neal 30% retained . Edmonton gets a serviceable 2RW . Ottawa saves real dollars. Or Kassian gives Ottawa some toughness saves about 2 million and spreads the cap over 3 years instead of 2 .

I am basing this offer on him being a cap dump
He isnt really a cap dump for us just need a better fit in our lineup

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lets just keep him. He wasn't bad... A full season should really show his value to this team.

Exactly. He didn't really live up to expectations, but the team was a tire fire to start the season and there wasn't a lot of time to adjust when things stabilized later on in a shortened year.

He isn't hurting the team by any means, nor are they worried about his cap hit.

Unless an awesome offer comes along id rather just see what he can do with a full season and more stability.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
But if he isn't a good fit and nobody else sees value in him, he is sort of in cap dump territory. It might be best to hold onto him and try to increase his value this season if you don't need to move him now.
Yeah ,him at 2 seasons really isnt that bad TBH ...Just wanted to see if there was a market for him

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
What about Ritchie or Debrusk, depending on who they move on from. Maybe Ritchie+Zboril

something around debrusk works

also thinking out loud but if parise is willing to waive his nmc then parise and a pick for dadonov would work too imo. Especially if if ottawa is penciling in dadonov in the bottom 6 to start the year

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
NJ needs a forward and can afford to take his whole contract without retention, but you wouldn't be getting much in return. I'm imagining it would be like the Andreas Johnsson/Ryan Murray trades where the return is a low B/high C level prospect and/or a mid pick. Something like Mikhail Maltsev + a 4th.

Or alternatively you could just take Johnsson straight up, Ottawa saves a little salary and gets a bottom-6 winger they apparently need. Johnsson had a pretty disappointing first season in NJ from an offensive standpoint, but his underlying numbers were pretty good so many of us expect him to rebound.

I'd do it for Bastian, but I'm not a Dadonov fan and I think Bastian is gonna be more.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd call Vancouver and offer to take Eriksson back to see what we could get.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
He isnt really a cap dump for us just need a better fit in our lineup

An offensive player, that isn't producing offensively with a big salary and multiple years is a cap dump..

I'd love to be rid of Dadonov, but getting a bad contract back doesn't help this team. Its very possible more skill he produces next year, but that money could be better spent on this team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
An offensive player, that isn't producing offensively with a big salary and multiple years is a cap dump..

I'd love to be rid of Dadonov, but getting a bad contract back doesn't help this team. Its very possible more skill he produces next year, but that money could be better spent on this team.
Or traded for a better fit for the team,is more of where I was going ..But for sure at 2 years we could just sit on him,and he could rebound thus upping his value

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Or traded for a better fit for the team,is more of where I was going ..But for sure at 2 years we could just sit on him,and he could rebound thus upping his value

I think the rebound is the safe play. I highly doubt we could ship off Dadonov in a soft deal considering his lack of production, but I'll gladly eat crow if it happens.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad