Proposal: Dadanov to a new home

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Anybody interested ???Solid player 13 goals 7 a in 56 games ,but has lost his place in our top 6...As Connor Brown just seems to be the better fit with the kids we have on our 2nd line...And Batherson plays on the other..

2 years left at 5.5 ,looking for a fast 3rd line RW that can Pk with 10 to 15 goal potential

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Marcus Pettersson + 3rd rounder for Dadonov?

Pens shed some money from their expensive blue line and roll the dice on dadonov

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Marcus Pettersson + 3rd rounder for Dadonov?

Pens shed some money from their expensive blue line and roll the dice on dadonov
Could work,I really dont think anybody could go really wrong with him...We just really dont have the center developed yet to take advantage of his skills

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah that could work ,but with Connor Brown going off I just feel he deserves to play in the top 6 ahead of him
Let's put it this way, we don't need to take on some dud contract to get rid of him. I'm not opposed, but it can't be trash imo, which almost can't happen, so we're back to square one.

Reactions: topshelf15

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Sens should just keep him. Whilst he didn't fit this year the team will be better next. Hopefully he clicks but either way he'll still score 20+ goals in a full season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
got to assume that, despite thread title, this is not about this guy who's retired at age 20
Sergei Dadanov at eliteprospects.comdadanov

re the other guy, $5Mx2 is a lot of Cap, during Flat Cap times,
and heading into an off-season where even more reasonably skilled skaters are UFA

it only takes one partner to trade, but Ottawa might not get best value
until next season when a team has attrition and holes to fill

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
NJ needs a forward and can afford to take his whole contract without retention, but you wouldn't be getting much in return. I'm imagining it would be like the Andreas Johnsson/Ryan Murray trades where the return is a low B/high C level prospect and/or a mid pick. Something like Mikhail Maltsev + a 4th.

Or alternatively you could just take Johnsson straight up, Ottawa saves a little salary and gets a bottom-6 winger they apparently need. Johnsson had a pretty disappointing first season in NJ from an offensive standpoint, but his underlying numbers were pretty good so many of us expect him to rebound.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dadonov is still a very capable 25+ goal scorer; he was still on pace for 20 goals in what was an underwhelming season. He hasn't fit in Ottawa not because we don't have a Barkov, but because we do not have a playmaking C OR a big body C. Many times he was the one who was leaned on for board play and such, that's not his forte and recipe for underachievement.

We would not want someone with similar traits(speedy, undersized goalscorer), we would want a playmaking winger, or a bigger body, hardworking, 40-50 point producer.

With more appropriate teammates, Dadonov can still produce 25+ goal 25+ assist seasons.

Reactions: Deku

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
NJ needs a forward and can afford to take his whole contract without retention, but you wouldn't be getting much in return. I'm imagining it would be like the Andreas Johnsson/Ryan Murray trades where the return is a low B/high C level prospect and/or a mid pick. Something like Mikhail Maltsev + a 4th.

Or alternatively you could just take Johnsson straight up, Ottawa saves a little salary and gets a bottom-6 winger they apparently need. Johnsson had a pretty disappointing first season in NJ from an offensive standpoint, but his underlying numbers were pretty good so many of us expect him to rebound.

ottawa doesnt really need another bottom 6 forward. We need more 2nd/1st line talent. That being said if Dadonov could be dealt for a low end return where we trade the entire contract for cheap and then maybe try again im fine with that as well

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yeah we could take back player for sure,just he really doesnt fit...We need a bottom 6 rw ATM
Well. In that case, can I interest you in a slightly used Zack Kassian? I mean, Dadonov is slightly used at this point as well, so that evens out. As does the overpaid part. Kassian can be a good grinder still, but he was hurt a lot this year. I'm certainly not proposing a one for one, so what else needs to be added here?

EDIT - just saw your comment on Watson making Kassian unnecssary. Kassian can play 3rd line as well though, just for the record. He's overpaid, but also certainly an upgrade on Watson.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Jake Virtanen
Antoine Roussel
Kole Lind

for

Yevgeny Anatolyevich Dadonov
Who the hell is going to take on Virtanen right now? At least until his legal situation gets cleared up. Even then many teams will not want to be associated with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00