D William Trudeau - Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL (2021, 113th, MTL)

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Competitive, hard-hitting defenseman who was showing some nice offensive chops before the QMJHL season pause. 12 points in 14 games this season with a +12 rating. He was picking up steam before the break and is worth keeping an eye on when play resumes.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Another couple goals for Trudeau tonight. Up to 15 points in 18 games to match his point total from last season in 40 less games. Also boasts a league-leading +17 rating on a Charlottetown team that has the second best record in the Q.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
surprised he was sent back to so early since this could be his last season in the Q, would have thought he would have gotten invited to the main camp. Hope he has a great season though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Look at offense Cormier is puttin up though? Probably a Morgan Ellis

I think it's going to be tough to gauge some CHL prospects from these covid years when comparing them to prospects from non covid years as who knows what impact not playing or playing less games in other cases will have on them longer term.

I wanted Ryan Ufko in this spot vs Trudeau who I didn't know at all at the time. His # in his draft year though were really solid in terms of ppg but he played only 40 games so the question then is what would have happened had he played say 65.

As a late birth date, I like to compare those guys to other late b-days. So look at Beaulieu,

45 pts in 65 games (.69 ppg)

vs

Trueadau - 31 pts in 40 games (.78 ppg)

but the problem is their age 19 season. Beaulieu is at a ppg (1 pt away) and Trudeau who after getting 1 pt in the first 6 games, now has 18 in the last 23 which is a .78 ppg pace if he can keep it up the rest of the season.

I look for progress and when they don't show it that's a big red flag for me, though not the end of the world just a major concern. Next year the Habs can chose between the Q, ECHL or AHL (I think Laval's blueline might be full depending on who they sign and where they play) so it could come down to Q overager vs ECHL with 3R. How he does there will be very telling.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think it's going to be tough to gauge some CHL prospects from these covid years when comparing them to prospects from non covid years as who knows what impact not playing or playing less games in other cases will have on them longer term.

I wanted Ryan Ufko in this spot vs Trudeau who I didn't know at all at the time. His # in his draft year though were really solid in terms of ppg but he played only 40 games so the question then is what would have happened had he played say 65.

As a late birth date, I like to compare those guys to other late b-days. So look at Beaulieu,

45 pts in 65 games (.69 ppg)

vs

Trueadau - 31 pts in 40 games (.78 ppg)

but the problem is their age 19 season. Beaulieu is at a ppg (1 pt away) and Trudeau who after getting 1 pt in the first 6 games, now has 18 in the last 23 which is a .78 ppg pace if he can keep it up the rest of the season.

I look for progress and when they don't show it that's a big red flag for me, though not the end of the world just a major concern. Next year the Habs can chose between the Q, ECHL or AHL (I think Laval's blueline might be full depending on who they sign and where they play) so it could come down to Q overager vs ECHL with 3R. How he does there will be very telling.
I don't know those prospects. Doubt Trudeau going to bring enough offense. Another Kulak?

Cormier could be that play making LD. Usually overachieve. If we trade with Vegas like to get him as throw in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad