Injury Report: D Travis Dermott undergoes shoulder surgery, out 6 months

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
6 months +

If there's an upside...at least it helps explain why he struggled in the playoffs.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
6 months, that will make it mid November when he comes back. We can handle that. We're deep on the left side with Rosen and Sandin able to step in. The issue is I had hope Dermott could potentially move over to the right side to plug that hole. Do they do that anyway and just plop him in there when he's ready, an adjustment could be required. Maybe an acquisition is made. Gonna be an interesting offseason

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So we're missing 2 regulars to start the season for sure and it's only May. A slow start to the season could cost a team a playoff spot with how close things are in the NHL lately. Not good.

Reactions: ElbowLander

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
There's no sugar coating this, this is awful news. This is positionally our weakest depth area, and even if he's back by end of this year, how long before he's in game shape etc. But more importantly what the heck is this blue line going to look like next season - a ton of hope and inexperience as of this moment.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
That’s bad news and explains some. Playoffs probably would of had a different outcome with a healthy Dermott and Gards. Doors wide open now for several marlies to make the big club. This Post season run gives Babs and company an extra long look going into summer and camp next year

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
6 months, that will make it mid November when he comes back. We can handle that. We're deep on the left side with Rosen and Sandin able to step in. The issue is I had hope Dermott could potentially move over to the right side to plug that hole. Do they do that anyway and just plop him in there when he's ready, an adjustment could be required. Maybe an acquisition is made. Gonna be an interesting offseason

I don't have any faith in Rosen at all. Just to injury prone. I bet he doesn't make the roster next season.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Hopefully Sandin gets a look once the regular season starts. Dermott's gonna be out until at least November.
It'll be Rosen in that 3LD slot to start the year with Kivihalme and Borgman as the likely options for the 4th spot.

Sandin still needs to work on his game other than offense. His defensive game is nowhere near ready and the Leafs will want to take full advantage of the cheap ELC years if they can. Offsetting him and Liljegren would be ideal.

Reactions: MyBudJT and Kurtz

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I hope he recovers well. Didn't Kessel go through the same thing when he first joined the Leafs?

He'll recover and he's still very young. It will be a bonus when he comes back
Well I guess that new Finnish American kid and Lile will get a look

There are 3 spots open if Hainsey doesn't resign. Which I am hoping he won't. Please don't resign Hainsey. As decent he was, he's just too old

Oz
Gardiner
Hainsey
Dermott

All could be gone. I have a feeling Gardiner will be resigned

Or we could just trade Nylander for a D

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Opportunity knocking for someone (Borgman? Kivihalme?) on the backend just as it is up front due to Hyman's injury. Still going to be tough to start the season off missing two lineup fixtures.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00