D Radim Salda - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2017 undrafted)

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Radim Salda
Defenseman, shoots left
6'1" 182 lbs.
Born Feb 18, 1999

Radim Salda was expected to be a mid-late rounder last year, but ended up going undrafted. He put up 7+8=15 PTS in 35GP for HC Hradec Kralove U20, but after being undrafted he was selected in the import draft by Saint John, and joined them for this season.

As a rookie in the QMJHL, Salda currently sits 10th in league defenseman scoring with 4+8=12 PTS in 17 GP. He also has a whopping 59 shots on goal, so his production appears sustainable to me at least.

Salda's scouting profile last year indicated that he's got excellent mobility, is sound defensively, and has some grit to his game as well. At 176 pounds he was pretty lean but has filled out a little and has a good 6'1" frame to add to. He also has a huge point shot from what I've seen this season.

He was perhaps under-scouted last season, but will no doubt be seen this year playing in a higher profile league. Any chance that he's projecting to be drafted in 2018?

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Yeah he should be drafted rather easily, mistakes were made passing on him. I was sure surprised.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I saw a pre-season game of his this year with the Sea Dogs. Looked like one of the better players on the ice. Then again it was just pre-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad