D Otto Latvala - HPK U20, Jr. A SM-Liiga (2017 Draft)

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
One of my sleeper picks that nobody talks about. Big guy at 6'5 that could easily pack on 25-30 lbs as he matures. Pretty good skater for a bigger guy and makes a good first pass in transition. Not afraid to be physical and has a solid d game. I'm not sure if the offensive upside will translate but if he does put it all together he could be a complete all-around dman. He reminds me of this year's Niko Mikkola who the Blues drafted in '15 and a very high on. I've got Latvala as my Blues sleeper pick in either the 5th or 6th round this year. I'd be really happy with the pick.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I took Latvala 6th round in the Oiler board's full 7 round mock. Haven't seen much of him outside the World Juniors but I like his game and physicality. Obviously immense physical tools.

I read he was the U20 league's rookie of the year, is that the case?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I took Latvala 6th round in the Oiler board's full 7 round mock. Haven't seen much of him outside the World Juniors but I like his game and physicality. Obviously immense physical tools.

I read he was the U20 league's rookie of the year, is that the case?

As per EliteProspects, he was.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This is one of the players I've come across in this draft and wondered why no one talks about him. Everything I've seen/read seems fairly intriguing, yet there isn't much of it to go on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad