D Nino Tomov - Sparta Praha - Draft NHL 2022

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’ve seen him in u20. He’s a good player but unlikely draft material. At least 4-5 players who I have seen in u20 league that are ahead of him and are not draft material themselves. Neat story though and no doubt he could potentially become the best Bulgarian ever, unless Georgiev counts.

Reactions: Maplebeasts

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I've seen huge incongruities get a selection before (Kieran Ruscheinski, Misha Song).

I mention him mainly because he is Bulgarian. Discreetly, we start to see a Hungarian here (Horvath who plays in U18 Finland), a Bulgarian there. A Ukrainian, an Italian, a Japanese ...

Ice hockey is slowly expanding its traditional field.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Also played for the Bulgarian WJC18 D3A at 14 were he carried his team to a promotion with 9 points in 5 games (lead team in points, got WJC Best Defenceman). Sadly the next two U18 were canceled so he missed his chance of playing in D2B (unless he is still eligible this year? not sure about DOB rules).

Also played for the U20 D3 at 15 getting 3 points in 4 games. Should have his chance this year to play again.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I’ve seen him in u20. He’s a good player but unlikely draft material. At least 4-5 players who I have seen in u20 league that are ahead of him and are not draft material themselves. Neat story though and no doubt he could potentially become the best Bulgarian ever, unless Georgiev counts.

And why on Earth would player who plays for Russia count as "Bulgarian hockey player" ?!?:huh::help:

I hope he gets good career in Europe if he doesn't make it in NA. Thank God he already played for Bulgaria AND that he is not playing his youth in Slovakia. We all know how that would have ended up.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Also played for the Bulgarian WJC18 D3A at 14 were he carried his team to a promotion with 9 points in 5 games (lead team in points, got WJC Best Defenceman). Sadly the next two U18 were canceled so he missed his chance of playing in D2B (unless he is still eligible this year? not sure about DOB rules).

Also played for the U20 D3 at 15 getting 3 points in 4 games. Should have his chance this year to play again.

He is. 2004. is exit birth year for this season U18.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And why on Earth would player who plays for Russia count as "Bulgarian hockey player" ?!?:huh::help:

I hope he gets good career in Europe if he doesn't make it in NA. Thank God he already played for Bulgaria AND that he is not playing his youth in Slovakia. We all know how that would have ended up.

Well he's born in Bulgaria even though he wasn't raised there and could have technically played for them if he chose to.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Well he's born in Bulgaria even though he wasn't raised there and could have technically played for them if he chose to.

Exactly this is what disqualify him from being Bulgarian hockey player :)

However, game between Bulgaria and Croatia at U18 will be interesting as both Tomov and croatian Kumanović are listed at Eliteprospects 2022. draft page as "other notable prospects".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad