D Luke Martin - U of Michigan, NCAA (2017 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What do people think? I didn't realize he was a 2017 draft eligible, so I haven't paid much attention to him when watching the NTDP team, but he didn't really stand out. How does he project? Possible first round pick next year?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Has anyone seen him play this year and have an opinion?

I know the Red Wings are big on local kids, and he also is a defenseman which we desperately need.

He was #20 in the recent ISS rankings for November, so he seems to be pretty highly ranked for this draft class. But I see very little info out there on him.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Bump. Anyone have a scouting report on the kid?

Big, strong defensive defenseman whose skating is slightly above average, has a hard shot and can be a nice compliment to a puck mover.

Plays on the PP but doesnt QB it, but can anchor a top PK pairing. Long stick, long reach, very physical, blocks shots, good at covering the slot. Wont do anything fancy with the puck but connects with the home run pass.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

Big, strong defensive defenseman whose skating is slightly above average, has a hard shot and can be a nice compliment to a puck mover.

Plays on the PP but doesnt QB it, but can anchor a top PK pairing. Long stick, long reach, very physical, blocks shots, good at covering the slot. Wont do anything fancy with the puck but connects with the home run pass.

Thanks guys, Looks like he could be a solid 3rd pairing guy.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

Interesting. Sounds like a ****** Shea Weber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad