D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Looked really good playing Junior B, but I think he's getting overrated based on some inflated numbers from playing on a really good team if you have him anywhere near the 1st round at this point.

He has a long way to go still.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
This has to be the first time a kid with only 4 OHL games is ranked 14th overall for his NHL draft in late November.

I can't wait to see his progress

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Nes71

Nov 23, 2020
Big hit by Logan i yesterdays game

Attachments

• Logan big hit (1).mp4
    5.2 MB · Views: 26

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Decided to bump this thread since he is ranked 45 on Bob McKenzie’s list. Finished with 15 points in 19 games. Would be interested to know how he looked defensively if anyone has watched him.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Has anyone else noticed that both Corey Pronman and Scott Wheeler are avoiding responding to questions about Logan Mailloux after leaving him off their respective lists? There are quite a few comments from people asking about him on both of their rankings as well as Wheeler's Q&A this morning, but it's been radio silence. Not even a simple, "I'm not too high on that guy" or "I didn't see him play enough" or anything like that. They've both responded with those sorts of statements when asked about other players though.

Last edited:

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Really hard to get a read on him based on level of play but has all the tools to develop into a great player. Wouldn't be upset if the Canucks took him in the third or even second round. High risk high reward.

Reactions: Bluenote13

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Pro size and some good defensive awareness, but the skating and decision making are questionable. A project Dman, depends who's willing to gamble early, but I'll guess mid to late 2nd rounder with a small chance to go higher.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Has anyone else noticed that both Corey Pronman and Scott Wheeler are avoiding responded to questions about Logan Mailloux after leaving him off their respective lists? There are quite a few comments from people asking about him on both of their rankings as well as Wheeler's Q&A this morning, but it's been radio silence. Not even a simple, "I'm not too high on that guy" or "I didn't see him play enough" or anything like that. They've both responded to with those sorts of statements when asked about other players though.
He should have made Canada's U18 team but didn't. There's a story that we haven't heard yet.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Pro size and some good defensive awareness, but the skating and decision making are questionable. A project Dman, depends who's willing to gamble early, but I'll guess mid to late 2nd rounder with a small chance to go higher.

Skating? By most accounts is very good. His skating is not questionable. Read some of the recent reports from the PBHH showcase.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted in the second round, 33rd overall in the 2019 OHL Draft by the London Knights, Logan Mailloux has not taken the traditional route to the NHL Draft. The Knights have been one of the best organizations in hockey at developing young talent and were already stacked on the blueline in 2019-20. Mailloux got in just four games with the Knights as an OHL rookie. Instead, Mailloux played 48 games for the London Nationals in the GOJHL. He scored 18 goals and 50 assists for 68 points in 48 games. He also had two goals and two assists for four points in five playoff games. Mailloux led the league in points by a rookie. He won a number of awards including OHA Top Prospect, GOJHL Rookie of the Year, and Most Outstanding First Year Defenseman for his efforts.

He was expected to play in the OHL this season, but the global pandemic meant that the league never had a season. Mailloux went to Sweden, where he played for Lejon in the Hockey Ettan, the third division of Swedish Men's Hockey. He put up seven goals and eight assists for 15 points in 19 games.

2021 NHL Draft #51: Logan Mailloux Scouting Report

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Has anyone else noticed that both Corey Pronman and Scott Wheeler are avoiding responding to questions about Logan Mailloux after leaving him off their respective lists? There are quite a few comments from people asking about him on both of their rankings as well as Wheeler's Q&A this morning, but it's been radio silence. Not even a simple, "I'm not too high on that guy" or "I didn't see him play enough" or anything like that. They've both responded with those sorts of statements when asked about other players though.

He should have made Canada's U18 team but didn't. There's a story that we haven't heard yet.

I just read Brock's final OHL draft eligible ranking and there is a snippet that - without saying anything - convinces me there is an off-ice private issue keeping Mailloux lower in the rankings.

Reactions: hi

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I just read Brock's final OHL draft eligible ranking and there is a snippet that - without saying anything - convinces me there is an off-ice private issue keeping Mailloux lower in the rankings.

I just read brock's writeup again and i must be missing something. I dont see him hinting anything about off ice issues.

The athletic stuff is weird though. I give you that but its not conclusive of off-ice issues. Mailloux didnt play a lot of high profile games the last two years

Last edited:

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Apparently he was sent home (kicked off) his team in Sweden due to an "incident" that happened while he was over there. No one will talk about it but he is basically being blackballed by a number of the scouting services. Pronman, Wheeler, Elite Prospects. If anyone has heard what the nature of the issue is, I would appreciate hearing about it, he seems to be on quite a few don't draft lists despite being pretty talented by all accounts.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Didn't Mailloux go to SK Lejon with Matt Maggio? Both played 19 games and came home at the same time based on a local news article.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Apparently he was sent home (kicked off) his team in Sweden due to an "incident" that happened while he was over there. No one will talk about it but he is basically being blackballed by a number of the scouting services. Pronman, Wheeler, Elite Prospects. If anyone has heard what the nature of the issue is, I would appreciate hearing about it, he seems to be on quite a few don't draft lists despite being pretty talented by all accounts.
According to this account, he and Maggio left early voluntarily because it looked like the OHL season was going to start up. Both of those guys are characters, and unless something nefarious comes out about them, I'd welcome either one in Detroit.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
"There is no bigger wildcard in the draft than Mailloux, and it’s all because of an off-ice incident in Sweden that had him kicked off his Hockey Ettan team in Skelleftea and sent back to Canada. He subsequently wasn’t invited to play for Canada in the U18 despite being talented enough to be on the top pairing, and a player that scouts saw very little of in the first place became even more difficult to assess.“Whoever drafts him will do their home-work,” admitted one scout who went to watch him at the prospect showcase in Erie,PA in early June."

From a draft publication..... What I'm trying to find out is what happened?

Reactions: thefeebster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad