D Lleyton Moore - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2020 Draft)

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
How did this kid virtually disappear from everything? I don't follow junior hockey closely but I watched a few games when he was playing for Niagara last year and he looked dominant as an undersized but skilled and speedy dman, who could completely control the pace of play.

Last year I remember seeing him on a lot of top 30 picks for 2020 but he's all but vanished from every ranking list.

Any Oshawa fans that can speak to his play this year?

Reactions: Garyboy and Uncle

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Surprised to hear the lack of interest in him. He looked just as impressive as Drysdale did with the Marlies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not every hyped player coming into junior hockey turns into a high pick. He’ll probably still be picked, and his development over the next five years will determine whether he reaches the NHL.

Reactions: Dominance

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Mobility was always gonna be an issue with him. At the minor midget level, he's still the smartest defenseman i've seen. I think he'll eventually be a GREAT ohl powerplay qb

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Mobility was always gonna be an issue with him. At the minor midget level, he's still the smartest defenseman i've seen. I think he'll eventually be a GREAT ohl powerplay qb

Would agree that I'm very surprised that he hasn't become a quality OHL powerplay QB by now.

I don't see mobility as the big issue though. I think he moves well. I think the biggest issue right now is strength and assertiveness with the puck. Usually does a good job exiting the zone, but once he gets through the neutral zone, he has a difficult time generating significant scoring chances because he's too easily separated from the puck. And as such, we've seen is confidence level in carrying the puck decrease. Additionally, his strength issues seem to be impacting his shot from the point. Really not a threat back there and it's prevented him from being that quality powerplay QB that we saw in minor midget.

For me, he's a long shot to be drafted right now. I'd want to see how his game develops in the next two years before using a draft pick on him. Billy Constantinou didn't get drafted last year and I think he's ahead of where Moore was at this point last year.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Just read a mock draft site that had him going in the 7th round this year. I wonder if some team will end up picking him earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad