Confirmed with Link: D Kevin Connauton - 2 years, $1m AAV, 1-way

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Dont mind it. He is our new Schlemko, a swiss army knife type defenseman. Good bottom pairing and even better 7th defenseman if we continue to get depth.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Should be fine. Can step up to a higher role on occasion, good fill in on the PP if there is an injury. Probably not too expensive so if he ends up a flash in the pan then whatever.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Having the option of deciding whether you prefer to dress the PK guy (hopefully Dahlbeck can grow into that this season - he has work to do) or the PP guy in Connauton is a nice luxury. Especially given how cheap and young-ish both of them are. I didn't get it when we failed to QO them and assumed they'd be back before that awkward development came about.

In short; this is fine.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tinordi back as well. This means camp will be entertaining for blueliners. Still hope we grab a top4 guy before then, though.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tinordi back as well. This means camp will be entertaining for blueliners. Still hope we grab a top4 guy before then, though.

D is a great spot to have this much depth at. Tinordi as an everyday dman is bad. Tinordi as a call up is fine.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Can't teach size. I actually liked him in his stint. Still room to polish his game.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Just as I expected. Like I said In the offseason thread, Kconn showed the most progression of all 3 non tender Lds

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. He flashed the tools to be really good. Needs consistency.

We already have that in Murphy and Stone. These guys are at the age for D to put it all together. No more excuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad