D Jonas Brøndberg - Portland Winterhawks (2019 Undrafted)

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I was looking for comments on Jonas Brøndberg since I was curious to see if anyone following WHL was falling slightly in love with this player.

I thought he had a slight chance last year, but sometimes it's different when you play in Europe and I also thought he was getting less effective last year than he looked two years ago, so I understood very well why no one picked him in 2019.

But for what I have seen so far this season he took a step forward - not a leap, just a step. Seems to me that something has given him more confidence this season. Perhaps the team mates, perhaps the coach, perhaps he has just found a positive stretch, perhaps he has worked harder or perhaps a combination of things.

I'm not talking about Brøndberg getting picked in the first couple of rounds or anything, but I could see him go with a lottery pick in the final 2-3 rounds.

Is there anybody out there following WHL or perhaps even Portland Winterhawks on a more permanent level, who could add some views to this?

Last edited:

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Portland fan here. Hes a very well rounded dman and is used on both special teams units, though not so much on the PP. He doenst have any huge standout skills but is very effective in most things. Hes been a welcomed addition to our blueline and usually plays on the 2nd pairing. I could see him being a late round pick, say 5th to 7th round as a possible bottom pairing dman at the NHL level in the future. With his history of leadership for the Danish junior teams I expect him to wear a letter next year in Portland.

Reactions: Vandalay Industries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad