D Jason Fram - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2013 undrafted)

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Haven't heard anyone talking about him, and I recently discovered him myself. As a 19 year old, put up 57 points in 72 games, and has 62 points in 69 games this year so he clearly has some offensive talent. He has okay size at 6'0", 194, and is the captain of Spokane.

Sounds like he may have some potential, anyone have any more information on him? What style does he play? Is his defensive game weak, and that's what is holding him back?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Love him. He's having a great year. He was invited to the Flames camp last summer (Helewka, the Chiefs' leading scorer and another undrafted player, was invited to the Blues camp). I'm not really expecting either of them to be back in Spokane as overagers next season.

He is unquestionably the best defenseman on the Chiefs. Not really sure why he wasn't picked up in a later round. He doesn't have any big holes in his game. He's not a poor defensive player and his offense is solid. I believe he can sign an AHL contract as a 20 year old UFA this summer. Someone correct me if that's wrong.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Love him. He's having a great year. He was invited to the Flames camp last summer (Helewka, the Chiefs' leading scorer and another undrafted player, was invited to the Blues camp). I'm not really expecting either of them to be back in Spokane as overagers next season.

He is unquestionably the best defenseman on the Chiefs. Not really sure why he wasn't picked up in a later round. He doesn't have any big holes in his game. He's not a poor defensive player and his offense is solid. I believe he can sign an AHL contract as a 20 year old UFA this summer. Someone correct me if that's wrong.
He could, although most kids go back as overagers and try and earn an NHL contract.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He's one of the better defenders in the WHL, definitely one of the best offensive defenders. Skating is ok for this level, but still needs to show some decent progression to play pro. I would agree that he doesn't have any MAJOR holes in his game. He plays pretty decent defence, will hit, moves the puck well.

If he was 6'2 or a better skater he'd definitely be looked at in a better light. I can definitely see him getting a contract as a 20 year old next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad