D habs98 v3.0 GM Game Sign Up+ Discussion(2 teams available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Round 1 results

East

Boston: 13
Devils : 1

Pittsburgh: 13
Tampa: 1

Florida: 10
Philly: 4

Sabres: 8
Toronto: 6

West

Vancouver: 14
Detroit: 0

Sharks: 12
LA : 2

St. Louis: 11
Nashville: 3

Blackhawks: 8
Avs: 6

Round 2 matchups

East

(1) :bruins vs (4) :sabres
(2) :pens vs (3) :panthers

West

(1) :nucks vs (4) :blues
(2) :hawks vs (3) :sharks

I am very sad to see I lost but I am proud to say that our series was one of two decided by 1 vote. 8-6 yes but and 1 person switched it would have been 7-7. We are disappointed to not win the Cup but are glad to see our young roster made people think about their choice against a very potent roster in Chicago.

Good Luck :hawks If I were to lose I would hope it was to the eventual Cup winner!!

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Round 1 results

East

Boston: 13
Devils : 1

Pittsburgh: 13
Tampa: 1

Florida: 10
Philly: 4

Sabres: 8
Toronto: 6

West

Vancouver: 14
Detroit: 0

Sharks: 12
LA : 2

St. Louis: 11
Nashville: 3

Blackhawks: 8
Avs: 6

Round 2 matchups

East

(1) :bruins vs (4) :sabres
(2) :pens vs (3) :panthers

West

(1) :nucks vs (4) :blues
(2) :hawks vs (3) :sharks

I wonder if Detroit voted for Vancouver as well :sarcasm:

:bruins vs :sabres

Happy to make it out of round 1, but now face a stiff test in the rebuilt Buffalo Sabres.

The Sabres had a major roster overhaul, bringing in some major names like Patrick Kane, Jordan Staal, goaltender Nicklas Backstrom and Keith Yandle to name a few. They have a solid offense and a very, very deep defense. Their goaltending took a step back, but remains very good as well.

What I do think they lacked before, and still lack now, is size and grit. Which is the bread and butter of the Boston Bruins. There's a ton of jam and moxy throughout our line up, and ultimately, I see us wearing down the smaller club.

Looking forward to a great series.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Hey guys, so far, I have 12 votes, but, I need more. Luckily, the deadline is about 12 hours away, but if I get a few more votes, I can post the standings quicker, so get your votes in!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Since i will be gone till tuseday this is my lineup

:hawks Lineup

Marian Hossa-Jonathan Toews-Jarome Iginla
Devin Setoguchi-Derek Roy-Patrick Sharp
Travis Moen- Mikael Backlund- Viktor Stalberg
Daniel Carcillo-Jeff Halpern-Chad Larose
Guillaume Latendresse

Brent Seabrook- Duncan Keith
Nick Leddy -Eric Brewer
Filip Kuba-Joe Corvo

Ryan Miller
Ray Emery

We here in Chiacgo feel like we have the depth to win games. We have a All star goaltender to win and steal games when needed and he has a very soild defense in front of him with defensive defense Eric Brewer,Filip Kuba and Brent Seebrook. We also have offensive weapons in Duncan Keith,Joe Corvo and young promising defensemen Nick Leddy. Our offense is lead by Johnathan Toews,Jarome Iginla,Marian Hossa,Patrick Kane and Devin Setoguchi. We also finally have a real 2nd line center in Derek Roy and a young up imcoming centermen in Mikael Backlund. We also have grit in Travis Moen and Daniel Carcillo. We also have defensive forwards in Chad Larose and Jeff Helpern

First PP unit

Marian Hossa-Jonathan Toews-Jarome Iginla

Second PP unit

Devin Setoguchi-Derek Roy-Patrick Sharp
Nick Leddy-Joe Corvo

First PK Unit

Jonathan Toews-Travis Moen

Second PK Unit

Patrick Sharp-Jarome Iginla
Eric Brewer-Filip Kuba

Vote :hawks

Jul 10, 2010
:sharks are very happy to have made it out of round 1. we feel are forward depth is the best in the league, and our defence is still solid, meaning we will not give up weak goals. vokoun has filled in perfectly for niemi, and gives us a chance to win each night.

we feel are forwards are better then chicago, our defence as well. they may have better goaltending, but even he cant stop the 50 shot barrage we're going to throw at him each night.

we look forward to a great series with chicago, in what will undoubtably be the closest series in round 2

VOTE :sharks

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:panthers

We are extremely excited to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Was a series that could go either way with Philadelphia. Thank you to everybody who voted for me!

We are now ready and focused on our matchup with the Pittsburgh Penguins. We feel we have the right group of guys with Veteran leadership, grit, youth, and great defense. We know Pittsburgh is a strong team, but we feel like we have the team that can upset them and give them a run for their money.

We like this challange and hope we can move on to the next round and continue our strong run for the cup.

FORWARDS

Tomas Fleischmann ($4.500m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.100m) / Kris Versteeg ($4.500)
Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m) / David Bolland ($3.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scottie Upshall ($3.500m) / Shawn Horcoff ($5.500m) / Jannick Hansen ($1.350m)
Ryan Jones ($1.500m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Mike Knuble ($1.400m)
Nick Johnson ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN

Erik Gudbranson ($3.200m) / Dmitry Kulikov ($3.750m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Roman Hamrlik ($3.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Brian Elliot ($1.800m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,800,000; BONUSES: $5,225,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,500,000

Vote :panthers for 2nd round win!

Last edited:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

We are extremely excited to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Was a series that could go either way with Philadelphia.

We are not ready and focused on our matchup with the Pittsburgh Penguins. We feel we have the right group of guys with Veteran leadership, grit, youth, and great defense. We know we will Pittsburgh is a strong team, but we feel like we have the team that can upset them and give them a run for their money.

We like this challange and hope we can move on to the next round and continue or strong run for the cup.

FORWARDS

Tomas Fleischmann ($4.500m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.100m) / Kris Versteeg ($4.500)
Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m) / David Bolland ($3.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scottie Upshall ($3.500m) / Shawn Horcoff ($5.500m) / Jannick Hansen ($1.350m)
Ryan Jones ($1.500m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Mike Knuble ($1.400m)
Nick Johnson ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN

Erik Gudbranson ($3.200m) / Dmitry Kulikov ($3.750m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Roman Hamrlik ($3.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Brian Elliot ($1.800m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,800,000; BONUSES: $5,225,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,500,000

Vote :panthers for 2nd round win!

Wow, I guess we already won :sarcasm:

EDIT: Please, if you haven't voted already, DO IT!!! I want to be able to post the results at 8pm EST tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I wonder if Detroit voted for Vancouver as well :sarcasm:

:bruins vs :sabres

Happy to make it out of round 1, but now face a stiff test in the rebuilt Buffalo Sabres.

The Sabres had a major roster overhaul, bringing in some major names like Patrick Kane, Jordan Staal, goaltender Nicklas Backstrom and Keith Yandle to name a few. They have a solid offense and a very, very deep defense. Their goaltending took a step back, but remains very good as well.

What I do think they lacked before, and still lack now, is size and grit. Which is the bread and butter of the Boston Bruins. There's a ton of jam and moxy throughout our line up, and ultimately, I see us wearing down the smaller club.

Looking forward to a great series.

I didn't vote. I know I haven't been active as much because I am involved in more games but surprised to see not even 1 vote for me.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I didn't vote. I know I haven't been active as much because I am involved in more games but surprised to see not even 1 vote for me.

Two words: Joey MacDonald. Also, you should vote :sarcasm:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

lol typo your quick though, i changed it like not even 40 secs after lol. I think we got you! Go :panthers !

For my sell job, all I have to say is two names.

Sidney Crosby.
Evgeni Malkin.

EDIT: I just got another vote to reach 14, so, I will be doing a last call on votes. I'll be posting the results at around 7:30pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
For my sell job, all I have to say is two names.

Sidney Crosby.
Evgeni Malkin.

EDIT: I just got another vote to reach 14, so, I will be doing a last call on votes. I'll be posting the results at around 7:30pm.

Well in all honesty thats the only thing I don't like about these games, just you compare star players. In reality its guys like 3rd and 4th lines who shine in the playoffs and step up.

Sucks but I knew I probably didnt have a chance every is like "LOVE MALKIN CROSBY"

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Well in all honesty thats the only thing I don't like about these games, just you compare star players. In reality its guys like 3rd and 4th lines who shine in the playoffs and step up.

Sucks but I knew I probably didnt have a chance every is like "LOVE MALKIN CROSBY"

Cooke - Hanzal - Kennedy
Tangradi - Jeffrey - Vitale

I think I have quite an awesome bottom six myself.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Cooke - Hanzal - Kennedy
Tangradi - Jeffrey - Vitale

I think I have quite an awesome bottom six myself.

Honestly, your team is solid, but you think way too highly of your bottom six. That third line is great because of Hanzal, but Cooke is a fourth liner and your entire fourth line consists of inexperienced young players. Tangradi has played a whopping 40 NHL games with just 5 career points, Vitale has played 77 games with 16 career points, and Jeffrey has played 66 games with 21 career points. How is that a good fourth line?

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Honestly, your team is solid, but you think way too highly of your bottom six. That third line is great because of Hanzal, but Cooke is a fourth liner and your entire fourth line consists of inexperienced young players. Tangradi has played a whopping 40 NHL games with just 5 career points, Vitale has played 77 games with 16 career points, and Jeffrey has played 66 games with 21 career points. How is that a good fourth line?

I don't think the point of a fourth line is to score points, it's more used as a line to give your front three a break. Also, Cooke got 19 goals and 19 assists for 38 points... How does that make him a "Fourth liner"?

And regardless of inexperience, they're still very solid defensively, which is all I really need.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
I don't think the point of a fourth line is to score points, it's more used as a line to give your front three a break. Also, Cooke got 19 goals and 19 assists for 38 points... How does that make him a "Fourth liner"?

And regardless of inexperience, they're still very solid defensively, which is all I really need.

Outside of Cooke/Hanzal. None of them are that great defensively. Especially with the Pens system in place to push for offensive input. Got to agree with glasgow. That said, you definitely take FLA.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco

I guess an argument can be made for Cooke being more than a fourth liner. He's surpassed the 30-point mark a few times so I guess you can call him a third liner. But still, I don't think your fourth line is good at all. Top three lines are solid, defense is pretty good, goaltending is good. You'll probably end up making the SCF. I just think you're overhyping your fourth line and their defensive play.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Outside of Cooke/Hanzal. None of them are that great defensively. Especially with the Pens system in place to push for offensive input. Got to agree with glasgow. That said, you definitely take FLA.

funny-gifs-freddys-gonna-fred.gif

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Second round results

Boston: 7
Buffalo: 9

Pittsburgh: 14
Florida: 2

Vancouver: 10
Blues: 6

Chicago: 11
San Jose: 5

Third round matchups​

(2) :pens vs (4) :sabres
(1) :nucks vs (2) :hawks

Jul 10, 2010
very disapointed we didnt make the ECF. although, im more surprised boston didnt. buffalo is great and all, but boston had a SCF team.

just a thought, if chicago beat us 11-5, and beat colorado 8-6, does that mean people liked colorado more then my team, even though people ranked mine higher?

we feel we have built a great team that will contend for years to come.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Want my pitch for this next series?

#Lydia 2012.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad