D habs98 GM Game v3.0- Sign Up+ Discussion(5 teams available )

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Yeah sure... Love doing those TSN things

I have the rest of the summer off (Exams on MON and TUE) but their only for an hour so I could do that easily

I have most of tomorrow free, so, yeah, I can try to help with that.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
That would be fun! A lot of work, so, we'd have to do it before I leave on Tuesday, but, I'd be down

Yeah sure... Love doing those TSN things

I have the rest of the summer off (Exams on MON and TUE) but their only for an hour so I could do that easily

Alright! I'll take the role of James Duthie and setup the quiz questions! heheh...

My schedule's pretty packed next week, but I figured this would be a nice way to keep things fresh. I'll fire you guys off a PM with the questions and you can either send them back to me to post or talk about it amonst yourselves before posting your response

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Alright! I'll take the role of James Duthie and setup the quiz questions! heheh...

My schedule's pretty packed next week, but I figured this would be a nice way to keep things fresh. I'll fire you guys off a PM with the questions and you can either send them back to me to post or talk about it amonst yourselves before posting your response

I'm in too, should be fun! :laugh:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The Panel will weigh in on questions such as

Who has the best 1st line? Who's the most screwed? Which team has the best chance of staging an upset? And a prediction of 1st round winners.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow before you vote. Don't miss it, here on Mock-TSN!

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
:nucks FOR THOSE QUESTIONING :nucks
Cory Schneider
GP - 25
W - 16
L - 4
GAA - 2.23
SV% - 9.29
SO - 1
Behind: Edler, Bieksa, Salo, Alberts, Ehrhoff, Rome, Hamhuis, Ballard

Semyon Varlamov
GP - 27
W - 11
L - 9
GAA - 2.23
SV% - 9.24
SO - 2
Behind: Green, Carlson, Alzner, Wideman, Schultz, Hannan, Poti, Erskine, Sloan

Now Behind: Phaneuf, Bieksa, Bouwmeester, Edler, Salo, Alberts, Rome, Hamhuis

I feel I have improved and made the D better then the defense corps both goalies played for previously while putting up good numbers. This improved defense will allow for both goalies to take on a more important role and more playing time.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Playoffs Match ups

East

1.:caps
8.:sabres

2.:bruins
7.:devils

3.:flyers
6.:pens

4.:canes
50413_72602070480_7555781_q.jpg

West

1.:nashville
8.:ducks

2.:sharks
7.:blues

3.:nucks
6.:kings

4.:wings
5.:hawks

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Vote

300px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg_medium.png

[FIELDSET="Roster & Cap Hit"]

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
Alexei Kovalev ($1.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Alex Tanguay ($4.250m)
Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Jamie Langenbrunner ($1.500m) / Kyle Wellwood ($0.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Ed Jovanovski ($3.400m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)
Brent Sopel ($1.000m) / Bryan Allen ($2.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Marty Turco ($1.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,233,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,166,667
[/FIELDSET]

Not just our top 3 is good
We have depth tanguay,Kovalev,Jamie Langenbrunner,Cleary and our D is good too with one of the best D-man in history we have alot of shutdown d-man and d-man that can score

So vote :wings

and help Iginla get the cup he needs

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
Vote new jersey! This team is stacked after the deadline acquisitions of boyes, Weiss, markov and hedberg. We have 3 high powered scoring lines and 3 great defensive pairs. Top that off with Brodeur in net and we are probably the best team in the NHL right now.

Vote :devils !

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
0.jpg

Canada's favorite Mock-Game Show kicks off the 1st round. Our panelists, KesselLooksLikeRadar, JumpierPegasus, and Anton Gretzky if he shall ever show up. I, Soli, shall act as your Quiz Master. Lets get started.

Of these lower seeds, who has the greatest potential to pull an upset?

A. Buffalo
B. St. Louis
C. New Jersey
D. Other

KLLR: Buffalo. While New Jersey has a great chance to beat Boston, the perfect storm is brewing for Buffalo. Washington has fallen off and does not have a completed roster while Buffalo has a very underrated offense which could stun the Capitals. Ryan Miller will have to play at an all-world level.

JP: Buffalo & New Jersey. Washington has fallen after the deadline and were lucky to keep #1 in the division. They looked sloppy in the last month or so and I think Buffalo can take advantage of that. Boston has a good team, however NJ seems stacked this year. I think we can see NJ pull a pretty great upset upon last years champs

Soli: JP... you committed a classicl Quiz faux-pa on your first question. Minus 2. I'll agree with Buffalo. Last season Washington goes out, adds heart, and it still didn't matter. This season, they added a fragile playoff goaltender and don't play a system that will protect him. It's a recipe for disaster IMO.

Who has the best 1st line in the West and is it enough to propel them out of the 1st round?

A. Detroit (Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla)
B. Chicago (Cammallari - Richards - Kane)
C. San Jose (Marleau - Thornton - Couture)
D. Los Angeles (Williams - Kopitar - Hossa)

KLLR: Detroit. Detroit doesn't have the scoring depth that Chicago has, so they will have to rely on their first line to carry them as they have all year. The question then becomes how far can that line carry them in the playoffs.

JP: Detroit. With the acquisition of Iginla has propelled that line into star status. They have a great #1 line consisting of leadership, grit, great sniping ability, and skill

Soli: Chicago. That RaCK line of Richards Cammallari and Kane "racks" up all the goals. They were assembled for one purpose and that was to be the most dynamic offensive line in hockey. They're chemistry is undeniable and they think the game on a whole different level when they're together. Chicago has the master plan to unravel any #1 line, and that's Davie Bolland.

The East has two premiere goaltending battles about to unfold, WAS vs. BUF and BOS. vs. NJD. All strong teams by their own right, but who's playoff hopes rely squarely on their goaltender?

A. Buffalo (Ryan Miller)
B. New Jersey (Martin Broudeur)
C. Boston (Tim Thomas)
D. Washinton (Roberto Luongo)

KLLR: Buffalo. As I mentioned earlier about their offense, they are very underrated, however, if Buffalo is to upset Washington, they need Ryan Miller to stand on his head, much like he did in the Olympics. If Ryan Miller is average, Washington will dominate the series.

JP: Buffalo has a partially deep team, but the other three teams definatly have the skill upfront to do it. Buffalo is going to use Miller to work past teams. This means if Miller tank, Buffalo tanks. We rarely see that however as Miller is a premier goalie.

Soli: Washington and Roberto Luongo. No goalie has ever had more scrutiny placed on him than Roberto Luongo. Whatever team he's on, he's always the #1 topic. The title of playoff choker is a very, very difficult one to shake off.

Which of these GM-abandoned teams is most screwed in the playoffs?

A. Washington
B. Philadelphia
C. Los Angeles
D. Anaheim

KLLR: Anaheim. While Philadelphia is in deep trouble, Anaheim has the toughest task ahead of them. They have to face the President's Trophy winning Nashville, and unless Nashville under-performs and the Ducks play up to their potential, they shouldn't have a chance in this series.

JP:Yes Philly. They didn't do much this season and just fell down in the standings. Another team potentiall harmed is Washington, but I feel that Philly is screwed in their own right

Soli: Philly. Didn't fill the massive void in net, traded Chris Pronger, and facing Sidney Crosby? Stick a fork in them they're screwed.

Finally, your thoughts on the series matchups and who will win and in how many games

KLLR:
WSH vs BUF: Buffalo in 7
BOS vs NJD: Boston in 6
PIT vs PHI: Pittsburgh in 5
CAR vs WPG: Carolina in 7

NSH vs ANA: Nashville in 4
SJ vs STL: San Jose in 5
VAN vs LAK: Vancouver in 5
CHI vs DET: Detroit in 7

Soli:
Buffalo in 7. Washington's attempt to rely on a counter-attack system will fail against an Offense-always Buffalo. If they don't step on the gas and run and gun with Buffalo, they don't stand a chance.
New Jersey in 6. The loss of the Nose-Faced Killer will come back to bite Boston in the ass. Stanley Cup Hangover will be too much.
Pittsburgh in 5. Questionable moves, but still have Philly right where they want them.
Winnipeg in 4 :naughty:

Nashville in 5. The toast of the NHL right now. They shouldn't take this too likely, they still need to come together as a team and any 1st round cake-walk might delude them to thinking it'll be easier than it is.
San Jose in 6. Unless Malkin and Halak go Godly Beast mode... I fear the Sharks feast in round 1.
Vancouver in 5. GM-abandoned LAK are SOL.
Chicago in 6. Chicago's hungry, deep, and ready to lay the body on a comparably softer Wings team.

JP:
WSH vs BUF - Two very talented goalies. Miller seems to have the upper edge. Offense is definatly Washingtons strong suit and they will have to rely on it as they fell throughout the end of last season.

Offense:
WSH > BUF
Defense:
WSH = BUF
Goaltending:
WSH < BUF
Playoff Experiance:
WSH < BUF
Intangibles:
WSH = BUF

Winner: BUF in 7

BOS vs NJD - Another goalie match-up. NJ really turned it up and around this season with many good acquisitions by RS. Can they upset the beastly Bruins, and last years up winners? It happened this year with VAN and CHI

Offense:
BOS < NJD
Defense:
BOS < NJD
Goaltending:
BOS > NJD
Playoff Experiance:
BOS > NJD
Intangibles:
BOS > NJD

Winner: NJD in 7

PIT vs PHI - Two teams that blew themselves... up. With a couple of weird moves here and there, this will not be an exciting series.

Offense:
PIT > PHI
Defense:
PIT > PHI
Goaltending:
PIT > PHI
Playoff Experiance:
PIT = PHI
Intangibles:
PIT > PHI

Winner: PIT in 4

CAR vs WPG - Wow, the two teams that turned it around so well, the two that I would have personally thought would be playing eachother in the Eastern Conference Finals. This is my pick for best series of the 2011 playoffs

Offense:
CAR < WPG
Defense:
CAR > WPG
Goaltending:
CAR = WPG
Playoff Experiance:
CAR > WPG
Intangibles:
CAR < WPG

Winner: WPG in 7

NSH vs ANA - For me I know who the better team is. It is the team that has turned it around so much, has become the #1 team in the league in 1 offseason. It's also the same matchup we saw last year

Offense:
NSH > ANA
Defense:
NSH > ANA
Goaltending:
NSH > ANA
Playoff Experiance:
NSH < ANA
Intangibles:
NSH > ANA

Winner: NSH in 4

SJ vs STL - Is the inclusion of Malkin enough to bring the first upset in the West? Without a goalie on both sides will we see many goals? Maybe not if Halak can bring his play from the Montreal run.

Offense:
SJ = STL
Defense:
SJ > STL
Goaltending:
SJ < STL
Playoff Experiance:
SJ > STL
Intangibles:
SJ < STL

Winner: STL in 6

VAN vs LAK - With VAN losing Luongo, but gaining Semin, can they still pull it together and make it into the playoffs? Or is LA going to overpower them this year? Could both Cup finalists from last year be out?

Offense:
VAN > LAK
Defense:
VAN < LAK
Goaltending:
VAN < LAK
Playoff Expierence:
VAN > LAK
Intangibles:
VAN < LAK

Winner: VAN in 7

CHI vs DET - Another close matchup... will it be the inclusion of Richards or Iginla that will pull a team through? Will the loss of Toews be to much for Chicago?

Offense:
CHI < DET
Defense:
CHI > DET
Goaltending:
CHI = DET
Playoff Experiance:
CHI = DET
Intangibles:
CHI = DET

Winner: DET in 5

Last edited:

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I enjoyed reading through this thread, if there's ever a team available i'd be down to give this a shot, seems like alot of fun.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I enjoyed reading through this thread, if there's ever a team available i'd be down to give this a shot, seems like alot of fun.

There are MANY teams available, and I'd get in now before we do something radical (like a dispersal draft for teams that don't fill).

Off the top of my Tampa, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Washington, New York, Columbus, Phoenix, Philadelphia are open.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Predicted a lot of upsets in the East.

I think we will be surprised by the upsets in the East, but our predictions seem to be pretty close together.

May "faux-pas" was difficult for me to answer just one team. If I was to answer one it would be Buffalo :laugh:

EDIT: We're also going to need a new thread soon, so you should post the Mock-TSN panel in the new thread as well.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
Who has the best 1st line in the West and is it enough to propel them out of the 1st round?

A. Detroit (Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla)
B. Chicago (Cammallari - Richards - Kane)
C. San Jose (Marleau - Thornton - Couture)
D. Los Angeles (Williams - Kopitar - Hossa)
No Sedin's???

VAN vs LAK - With VAN losing Luongo, but gaining Semin, can they still pull it together and make it into the playoffs? Or is LA going to overpower them this year? Could both Cup finalists from last year be out?

Offense:
VAN > LAK
Defense:
VAN < LAK
Goaltending:
VAN < LAK
Playoff Expierence:
VAN > LAK
Intangibles:
VAN < LAK

Winner: VAN in 7
My defense great thank you very much!!! :laugh:

I'm changing to Sportsnet!!! :laugh:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

No Sedin's???

My defense great thank you very much!!! :laugh:

I'm changing to Sportsnet!!! :laugh:

The first line question was not "Who has the best first line", but, "Which first line will carry their team through the first round".

You weren't included because you have a balanced team and your first line doesn't have to carry you.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Teams are in order of preference

1.Tampa
2.Anaheim
3.Columbus

So if im accepted, i'd just like you guys to tell me where to start i want to have an in-depth salary cap set up, i know some teams have a crazy amount of information I think i should start there, if not any information would be great on where to start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad