D habs98 GM Game v1.6-Sign Up+ Discussion (3 teams available) ‎

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:nhl
D habs98 GM Game v1.6
To join the game pm me a list of the top 3 teams you want. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start:
  • Trading Deadline:
  • Standings Voting:
  • Entry Draft:
  • Rebuilder Playoffs
  • Stanley Cup Finals:

All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $71,400,000M and Cap Floor $52,800,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Cap checks will happen randomly throughout the game so make sure you are under. There will be a punishment given if you go over the cap come the Trade Deadline.
  • To figure out your cap there is several links to good websites located here
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • If a player clears 900K of his cap hit will be off your cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades don't need to be sent in.
  • The league has the right to reject any trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • Any trade deemed suspicious by the league will be vetoed.
  • 3 way trades must include a breakdown on the trade.
  • Any unprotected player will enter the Dispersal Draft.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Agents"]
  • UFA/RFA Agent-
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It's great to be back! To get started could everyone interested in participating in the game send me a list of your top 3 teams. Now after the first wave of sign ups I will then start allowing GMs to take on a second team.

member 202355

Maybe we should do some recruiting? Not sure how far we can go, but I'm sure that there are many users on this site that would love to play something like this, but simply don't know about it.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'd say share which teams are claimed, then we should post on the boards of the open teams that they're teams are available. That's how I found these games.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I like Top 6's idea. Like Sedin said, not many people know about these games. This forum is pretty well hidden.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd say share which teams are claimed, then we should post on the boards of the open teams that they're teams are available. That's how I found these games.

Wouldn't reccomend that - cross post spam, which isn't allowed, unfortunately.

member 202355

Are there any alternative methods that we can follow? I don't want to launch a PM campaign to random people, but I'm sure that some of the people who circulate the trades forum would be interested in these games.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If a team board has an OT thread, you can make one post in there explaining the basics with a link.

Just don't do all 30 team boards at once - try and keep it from being spam. Also, it'll be up to the local moderators there if they want to allow it or not, its not up to me or anyone of us.

Best we've got. I'll leave a link on HFStars.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:habs

Looking to move:

Alex Galchenyuk
Brendan Gallagher
Alexei Emelin
Tom Gilbert- For pick/prospect
Zach Fucale
1st MTL 2016
2nd MIN 2016
2nd MTL 2016
Jacob de la Rose
Mike McCarron
Noah Juulsen
Jarred Tinordi
Sven Andrighetto
Nikita Scherbak
Charles Hudon
Artturi Lehkonen
Martin Reway

Looking for:

Top line Center
Top 4 defenseman
Top 6 wingers

Aug 11, 2012
:ducks are contending.

Ideally we'd like an upgrade on our no. 1 goalie and no. 2 center. We're also looking for a no. 1 D-Man. All picks and prospects are available but anyone can be discussed.

member 202355

:bolts are contending. On the block:

[FIELDSET="On The Block"]
Jonathan Drouin
Tyler Johnson
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Ondrej Palat
Vladislav Namestnikov
All Prospects and Picks

Brayden Coburn
Jason Garrison
Matt Carle
Ryan Callahan
[/FIELDSET]

Looking for upgrades on wing, and potentially an upgrade on goalie. Last four players mentioned should go in a "hockey trade" type of deal.

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:sabres

Rebuilding (sorry autocorrect :D)

I'm on my mobile currently so I'll edit this later but looking for young guns/prospects
Send me offers on anyone who's 25 or over. Maybe a prospect for prosepct swap looking for all positions

Send me all the proposals!

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:stars

Rebuilding. Only untouchables are Nichushkin, Klingberg, and Guryanov.

Benn, Seguin, etc. are all available. PM me.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
:bruins

ON THE TRADE BLOCK:
C Patrice Bergeron
C David Krejci
C Brad Marchand
LW Loui Eriksson
LW Matt Beleskey
D Zdeno Chara
D Dennis Siedenberg
G Tuukka Rask

UNTOUCHABLES:
G Malcolm Subban
D Jakub Zboril
D Joe Morrow
C Zach Phillips
C Alexander Khokhlachev
D Colin Miller
All Prospects 24 and under
All Draft Picks

LOOKING FOR:
Good Prospects
Draft Picks
Young Roster Players

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm actually the :jets

Contending. Our incredible prospect core is OTB for good players.

Needs:
Dynamic offensive players
Goalie upgrade
#1D, maybe

OTB:
Trouba
Scheifele
Ehlers
Morrisey
Petan
Hutchinson
Hellebuyck