D Gavin Bayreuther - St. Lawrence Univ, ECAC (2014 undrafted)

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Excerpts from E-Mac War Room Profile at THW:

Gavin Bayreuther

"Hashtag: #MrBigShot
Team: #7, St. Lawrence, ECAC
Position: Defense
Shoots: Left
Height: 6’1
Weight: 195 lb.
Born: New Canaan, NH, 12-May-94
Twitter: @Gavinbay18

From the THW War Room

Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Gavin Bayreuther:

Mr. Big Shot – It’s all about the shot, baby. Gavin’s team’s power play was over 30% and he was one of the biggest reasons for its success. It’s safe to say that league goalies are not singing Pat Benatar’s “Hit Me With Your Best Shotâ€. He is this year’s Josh Godfrey, a late-blooming, overage defenseman who has a great shot. Scouts will have a hard time passing up on again. While Josh Godfrey didn’t make it to the bigs, I wouldn’t count this guy out.
Offense – Gavin could be that power play quarterback your team is looking for at a relatively low cost draft choice. He has the shot, the passing, the vision, the smoothness in skating that give him a good chance of being successful at the NHL level in spite of his relatively modest size (6’1, 195).
Awards and Achievements..."

The full profile highlighting why E-Mac feels he 2nd worthy

Click here for link

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I have been high on this kid for the last 2 years. Was a flat out stud in Cedar Rapids and then was traded to Fargo. He did very well for the Force as well, then had an awesome year with St Lawrence.

Last edited:

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I have been high on this kid for the last 2 years. Was a flat out stud in Cedar Rapids until an off ice incident caused him to be traded to Fargo. He did very well for the Force as well, then had an awesome year with St Lawrence.

Any further details on the off ice incident?

WIll be interesting to see how NHL Scouts stack him up against 1st yr eligibles.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Believe it or not he is a good kid from a great family. I have had the chance to meet his parents and they are outstanding as well.

Good bloodlines as well as his mother is a Lovejoy. Ben Lovejoy is Gavin's cousin.

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
After being passed over in the draft again, his stats look like they're going to drop dramatically this year. I have been stat watching him this year as I expected him to be one of the top college UFA's. Anyone actually see him play this year? Is the team significantly worse or were his stats just inflated last year? Does anyone think teams will still look at him after his season is over?

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Lots of PP pts on the unit with the Carey bros last year. Points were inflated. Pretty interesting player still. probably the right decision to leave him alone at the draft next year. Onlly a soph so interesting one to keep an eye on.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Looks like he got his 1st NHL point with his assist on Radulov's first goal of the afternoon.

Yep. Nice pass too.

He looks good and NHL ready. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays up a while longer than our other call-ups, and it's likely he steals Honka's roster spot

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Scored his first goal on an actual goaltender. Now has 4 points in the 8 games since he's been called up. Playing very well and getting ~20 minutes a night with all the injuries Dallas has he's been a brightspot and taking full advantage of the opportunity. Unlike say Honka ...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Cue the Richard Wagner jokes.

ResponsibleDishonestAustraliankestrel-small.gif

PortlyGlossyIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007

Scored his first goal on an actual goaltender. Now has 4 points in the 8 games since he's been called up. Playing very well and getting ~20 minutes a night with all the injuries Dallas has he's been a brightspot and taking full advantage of the opportunity. Unlike say Honka ...

Took that pass off his skate so calmly. Always enjoy an undrafted player getting a chance.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He has been good defensively and it has taken some pressure off the Lindell-Heiskanen pairing. Bayreuther and Polak have been sharing other teams top lines with that pairing and have been great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad