D Evan McEneny (2012 undrafted; 2012 signed, VAN)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
It'll be hard for anyone to get a current accurate read on him because he's played so little in the OHL. Maybe one of the hardcore Kitchener fans will know something about him.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
It'll be hard for anyone to get a current accurate read on him because he's played so little in the OHL. Maybe one of the hardcore Kitchener fans will know something about him.

Yeah. He played 44 games for them last season, but still. I have no idea what to expect from him. It would be nice to pretend he's like a Morgan Rielly or Alex Galchenyuk, but anyways, anyone know what we could realistically expect?

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Recall talking to a few scouts over twitter who liked him alot, called him a sleeper for sure.

I THINK, memory is hazy, but they praised him for a gritty / aggressive game but called him raw with upside.

thats all i got

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Recall talking to a few scouts over twitter who liked him alot, called him a sleeper for sure.

I THINK, memory is hazy, but they praised him for a gritty / aggressive game but called him raw with upside.

thats all i got

Yea I haven't seen him since minor midget in Hamilton, barely remember that. Don't think I was paying attention much either

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
McEneny was set to possibly go in the second round if he didn't get hurt. So much changes over a full season though, who know's he could have went in the first round, he could have went in the 7th round. I was kinda suprised someone didn't take a flyer on him in one of the lower rounds.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Cool, thanks guys. So a gritty, aggressive player(what the Canucks need) with upside. I'm really glad we got him. Makes up for us taking Mallet over Severson in the 2nd round, I think.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Eh, don't get too excited. He blew his ACL and it isn't everyone that can regain all of their mojo back after an injury like that early on.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Eh, don't get too excited. He blew his ACL and it isn't everyone that can regain all of their mojo back after an injury like that early on.

i don't get it. this guy blows his ACL and people are saying "he may never be the same don't get your hopes up", but then when Galchenyuk tears his ligaments and comes back, he shoots up the draft rankings and gets drafted 3rd overall... seems kinda double standard to me...

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Kitchener STH holder here!
EE has exceptional ice vision and is a good puck rushing dman who will also make great outlook passes. His defence is a bit behind his offence since he only dressed 1/2 of his first season then basically missed his entire second season. As another poster stated and I agree 100% if he wasn't signed by Vancouver he would be a first or a very high second round draft pick in 2013!!!

Well Done Vancouver!!!!

oh btw...his knee is looking great so far this training camp. Apparently he could have came back during the playoffs last season but the Rangers wanted to be 100% sure!!

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Kitchener STH holder here!
EE has exceptional ice vision and is a good puck rushing dman who will also make great outlook passes. His defence is a bit behind his offence since he only dressed 1/2 of his first season then basically missed his entire second season. As another poster stated and I agree 100% if he wasn't signed by Vancouver he would be a first or a very high second round draft pick in 2013!!!

Well Done Vancouver!!!!

oh btw...his knee is looking great so far this training camp. Apparently he could have came back during the playoffs last season but the Rangers wanted to be 100% sure!!

Thanks very much for the info. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does this year.

Mar 12, 2009
I saw him play quite a bit in his first year with the Rangers and always walked away fairly impressed. He was pretty solid defensively, not overly physical but very steady. He wasn't a flashy offenssive player but he could pass very well and seemed to have a lot of poise and composure with the puck. He was a solid skater as well, but not exceptional. He just seemed like a very good two-way defenseman who didn't get intimidated when pressured with the puck.
Glad to see he got signed.

KeziaTML

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
How's this for a necro bump. After a bunch of players came down with the mumps. Evan has been recalled to the Canucks.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
After being sent back as an overager in 2014-15 and quickly demoted to the ECHL last season he has finally gotten an opportunity in the AHL this season and ran with it. 15 points in his last 17 AHL games and one of the Comets best defencemen.

Great to see him get a call up.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Evan McEneny missed an entire junior season due to injury, so I tend to pretend he is one year younger in term of development than he actually is.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
After being sent back as an overager in 2014-15 and quickly demoted to the ECHL last season he has finally gotten an opportunity in the AHL this season and ran with it. 15 points in his last 17 AHL games and one of the Comets best defencemen.

Great to see him get a call up.

Many surprised nucks fans were surprised to see him get called up before subban. According to Travis Greene, he's been thief best dman.

CalgaryNuck

Jun 30, 2012
Cool, thanks guys. So a gritty, aggressive player(what the Canucks need) with upside. I'm really glad we got him. Makes up for us taking Mallet over Severson in the 2nd round, I think.

Ahh yes, Mallet.

Funny how we all knew then how it'd turn out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad