D Elias Salomonsson - Skelleftea AIK J20, J20 Nationell (2022, 55th, WPG)

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
I am sure the Habs will give a serious look at this guy because all our promising prospects on D are left-handed.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Imagine a pairing of

Chabot-Salomonsson

Is he better with an offensive Dmen or does he need a shutdown partner?

swedishprospects

Nov 7, 2021
Salomonsson is one of the hardest D-men to rank in the draft. Such a talented prospect. Can really take over games at times when he carries the puck up ice. Still struggling defensively though. All of this is mental, so if a team can guide him through those woods, they can have a really good player at hand

Looking forward to see his development during the second half of the season.
Here's what I think of him as of January 2022.
Scouting Report: Elias Salomonsson - swedishprospects.com

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I’ve hear Hjallmarsson as a comparison for style of play. For those that have watched him, would that be accurate?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Previously one of my favourite D prospects, but has gone from an offensive minded defenseman to a more defense-first-type of guy from what I have seen recently. What I like; looks solid in his own end and makes few mistakes. What I do not like, not showing nearly the same offensive game and smartness as he has previous seasons. Was a treat to watch on the blue line at U16/U17 level, but not showing the same confidence or decision making now... a year later.

Difficult to speculate about his upside IMO. Would be surprised if he lasts past the second round, though.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Salomonsson has long been seen as one of the top Swedish prospects for the 2022 NHL Draft. Once seen as a potential top-10 pick, Salomonsson has slipped a bit in the final rankings. His draft season started at the Hlinka Gretzky where he put up just one assist in five games. Salomonsson helped the Swedish team to a Bronze medal. Playing in the Skelleftea system, Salomonsson spent most of the year in the Under-20 league. He was the top goal scorer amongst defencemen in both the North League (8 goals), and the overall League (11 goals). Overall he had 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points in 35 games. He also put up one assist in two playoff games.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah. Great playoffs by Salomonsson. So solid and calm with the puck. Will definitely have a long career as an NHLer. Second pairing, I would guess.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Very excited to have him come over next season.

He's been a guy quite a few of us have been very high on for a while.

Reactions: hn777

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I think he spends the year with the Moose next season, but im excited for him to finally join the fold. That 2020 draft is the gift that keeps giving.

Reactions: hn777

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
With any luck we might see him at the worlds, I don’t think there are any better Swedish options in Europe for a third pairing.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad