D Dmitri Ogurtsov - Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, KHL (2012 undrafted)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
So this guy has already played 151 KHL games as 22 year old. And he's huge, I mean Tryamkin huge: 6'7 260.

Look at his primary assist today, he really can skate as well.

https://video.khl.ru/quotes/413823

And he scored another goal today, but they don't have a video yet.

Here is his goal, he was the fastest on a breakaway, lol.

https://video.khl.ru/quotes/414055

If you've watched him play live how does he compare to Tryamkin, Paiygin? He hasn't played in the NT before.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If you've watched him play live how does he compare to Tryamkin, Paiygin? He hasn't played in the NT before.

It's hard to say. We have so many players, it's impossible to follow everybody. Especially considering I generally don't give a damn for the KHL. But I think, if you've played 151 KHL games as 22 year old, you gotta be an ok player.

He was named Defenseman of the Week in December, but his TOI is just 12.35. He had 15.11 the last season. And 22.30 averagely in 2 playoff games the last season as well.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Am I the only one that finds it weird that's he played for 3 KHL teams thus far, especially at his age.

CSKA probably didn't want him, don't ask me why. They let Gusev go as well a year or two before. Lada just didn't have enough money to sign him (I don't know exactly, but am almost sure, they didn't). And now he's been playing for Neftekhimik for 2 years already.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Could be another in the line of Panarin and Zaitsev.

He has a year left on his current deal by the look of it - would he be more inclined to leave (buy himself out) this summer or wait until 2018?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Could be another in the line of Panarin and Zaitsev.

He has a year left on his current deal by the look of it - would he be more inclined to leave (buy himself out) this summer or wait until 2018?

Well, it's hard to say how good is he defensively, and it looks like he just started to play regularly this season (he played way more the last one though). At least, it's what he said in todays interview.

I wouldn't call him next Panarin or Zaitsev yet. He hasn't even played a single game for Russian NT at some meaningless tournaments, and Russian coaches love to test new players at such tournaments. But if his next season will be good, I can't see some NHL teams aren't interested in a guy this big, and who can skate and play hockey as well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, the guy is invited to the 2nd Russian national team and overall has a great season. His team is a one of the biggest season's surprises, having one of the lowest budgets and playing so good. And Ogurtsov is its probably best defenseman.

He's 23, and I bet, his 6'7 260 lbs frame will get an interest from some of the NHL teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad