LD Cameron Whynot - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2021, 89th, CGY)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I am hitting this guy up early like i usually do when i think a player is worth someone getting to know.

This defender on Kings (Nova Scotia Bantam) is really destroying the league, i personally think this guy has the ability and opportunity to be a step ahead of McIsaac, but could be on the same level but right now i think he is a hair ahead of where mcisaac was .
He played in bantam last year as well as a very young player sort of exception type status...and is the best defender in bantam this year he is a 2003 born and is already 6'00 tall....he is probably going to get special exception for Major Midget next year.

He is big, skates very well, very poised, loves to skate with the puck, great vision and passing skills, creates offense on the rush, takes smart shots from the point and pinches in to become the 4th forward, super super smart player and has great positioning on offense and defense, he is starting to use his size to his advantage and is getting really good in his own end, he does the little things right now.

http://nsmbhl.goalline.ca/player-profile.php?player_id=2383884&team_id=504310&league_id=12306

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Ic the immature readers are out in full force with nothing to really add to any knowledge to hockey facts but rather to ruin an informative thread because they have no knowledge to give.

Reactions: bryan1966

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Seems to be the only video I could find of him :

Considering where he's from I expect more people stating they are excited than intelligently talking about his game since almost no information is available (which is normal considering his age) besides the one you provided us with and some carefully chosen "highlights".
Do you think he likes to play shadow tag?
unfortunately it's been banned in bantam, so we will have to see when he makes it to the NHL, where trapping is not banned.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I remember hearing of him last year but haven't been able to make it out to see any of his games. I'll definitely make it a point by the end of the year, sounds very promising.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Ic the immature readers are out in full force with nothing to really add to any knowledge to hockey facts but rather to ruin an informative thread because they have no knowledge to give.

I know. It's like, why not check out another thread if you have nothing good to add?

Reactions: Kleefeld

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Not a lot to add as scoutman has already covered it but I'm really impressed every time I watch this kid play. There's no doubt in my mind he's Major Midget ready. He looks like a big boy out on the ice, he can skate, there's nothing this kid can't do with the puck and he's made some plays that make you say wow. Out of all the Bantam aged prospects I've seen in Nova Scotia, this is the one I like to watch the most. He can do it all.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Seen him play a couple times this year. I remember watching him take a nearly 6 minute shift (there were whistles) at the ice jam, kid is dominant at 13 and should be playing midget as an underage next season for sure.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He will be playing up in Midget AAA this year as a Bantam aged player. Will be interesting to see how he does in relation to McIsaac at the same age.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He will be playing up in Midget AAA this year as a Bantam aged player. Will be interesting to see how he does in relation to McIsaac at the same age.

I think he will have a fantastic year in the league, the kid is dominant at his own level. The only thing I question is how well he will perform.. I expect the Wildcats to be a young team, likely near the bottom of the pack. He won't have the benefit of playing with a lot of highly skilled players just yet and his play or perceived play, may be impacted because of the situation he's being put in where he's asked to be the bonafide #1 on a weaker team as a Bantam aged player.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Birthday: 2003-05-05
Hometown: Kentville, NS, CAN
Position: Defense
Height: 6'1" Weight: 181lbs Shoots: Left

He managed to get exceptional status to play Bantam as a Peewee aged player and excelled.
He managed to get exceptional status to play Midget as a Bantam aged player and excelled.

He seems quite similar to Jared McIsaac but I'd argue that he's a bit smoother both on and away from the puck. Certainly the new aged puck-moving D-man that teams absolutely love.

He's definitely going to be a high pick in the 2021 NHL draft and the 2019 Q draft.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Media will have fun with that name forever

"Why would the Media have fun with that name?"
"Whynot?"
1fae509c2625b85c3011bba0b462b9c8--my-friend-friends.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad