D Cale Fleury - Regina Pats, WHL (2017, 87th, MTL)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Someone I'm high on for next years draft. He's the younger brother of 2014 7th overall pick Haydn Fleury and plays for one of last years worst CHL teams. Even on a horrible team he put up good draft -1 year numbers with 8G+17A in 61 games and has decent size(6'1 192). He's a good skater, has a great shot and likes to engage physically. With his progression and improved team around him I'm expecting big things from him this coming year. We shall see

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=200710

Last edited:

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Someone I'm high on for next years draft. He's the younger brother of 2014 7th overall pick Haydn Fleury and plays for one of last years worst CHL teams. Even on a horrible team he put up good draft -1 year numbers with 8G+17A in 61 games and has decent size(6'1 192). He's a good skater, has a great shot and likes to engage physically. With his progression and improved team around him I'm expecting big things from him this coming year. We shall see

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=200710

I'll be keeping an eye on Fleury too but i'm not sure the Ice are going to be a whole lot better next season. They're in terrible shape coming off a disaster of a season.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Didn't have any points but was very impressive tonight in Saskatoon. He does so much away from the puck that puts him in great positions. He's a great puck mover, active stick and is physical when he needs to be. Also can find shooting lanes well but the one thing he needs to improve is shot power. As he gets bigger and stronger his game should fill out. The main thing going against him is the void of talent on Kootenay right now, very similar to Hajek last year on the Blades. Kootenay does have some good young pieces but probably wont turn the corner until Fleury's draft+2 year when he'll more than likely be in the AHL as he's a late birthday. Might see the Ice trade him next year.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Cale? Haydn?

:facepalm:

The WHL has the whitest names in the world.

Names of picks from the 2016 WHL Draft

wWqscHa.jpg

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Just traded to the Regina Pats who are starting their load up. He had a good start with Kootenay and will play big minutes with the Pats. Him and Mahura would make an amazing top pairing
Got to see him play recently and although he doesn’t blow you away, he’s everything you want in a top-4 NHL defenseman. Habs picking up some outstanding d-men with depth picks in Mete and Fleury.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Has been great with the Pats and is very hot of late with 8 points in the last 5 and close to ppg since being traded. Him and Mahura have formed an amazing pairing that is elite in every area of the game and rarely leave the ice it seems. They also have Hajek to help take some of the responsibility off of them now

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Who is driving this pair? Mahura or Fleury?
They've been rotating Hajek and Mahura with Fleury since they got Hajek. When with Mahura he pushes the offense while Fluery takes care of his end more and then with Hajek Fleury pushes the offense more. He's getting no attention from anyone but is one of the better d prospects out there and having a very good year. Habs got a steal with him and has a very promising future.

Was tremendous today vs the top ranked Warriors. Moved the puck well and had a rocket for a goal which was the GWG. Also layed the boom on fellow Habs prospect Josh Brook and got the 1st star. With his 1G+2A today he's up to 11G+33A in 57 games(5G+29A in 40 games with Pats)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad