D Ben Gleason (2016 undrafted; signed by DAL)

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
During last game I've noticed that his skating seems to be not good. With Klingberg and Heiskanen I can't see a place in PP unit for Ben. He can still be helpful in cases of injuries or in future trades.

The PP is exactly where skating is less important. He was flat out exposed at even strength but in cycling and man advantage situations he was pretty solid. If his skating substantially improves he is a legit NHL player. It's kind of unlikely though because most players peak in skating ability at like 21-22, and he's already 20. If he were 17 that would be a different story. Maybe with good coaching they can improve a technical flaw that's holding him back.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Honka may not be turning into the guy Dallas hoped but you cant discredit his passing ability. He has wheels and really good passing, he just is struggling to figure out when to use one over the other.
When he develops "good" passing i won't discredit it

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
Those who have seen Gleason recently, how's he doing in terms of development and aiming to the NHL? Looks like his transition from juniors to AHL has been successful and he's getting more and more comfortable with pro hockey.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Those who have seen Gleason recently, how's he doing in terms of development and aiming to the NHL? Looks like his transition from juniors to AHL has been successful and he's getting more and more comfortable with pro hockey.

Based on what I've seen, he needs work defensively and his skating isn't awful but he could use some work there as well. He's only 20 though so he's turned into a pretty solid prospect and not next year but maybe in a couple to a few years he hopefully will be a NHL regular. His hands and offensive IQ are really good though and he can be a blast to watch in the O-zone. May be a good trade piece in a package deal tbh though

Reactions: Sputniker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad