D-Backs new unis

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol Los D'Backs.

Should have added a "Les D'Backs" for the snowbirds.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
These are terrible. The only redeemable quality is the return of the snake ball logo and teal.

They look like something Adidas or Russell would come up with for a college team. The "Snakeskin" hat reminds of late 90s/early 00 gradient fashion hats. Or those spray paint sideline hats the NFL had a few years back just with the paint on the crown instead of the brim.

And do they really need EIGHT (!) different uniforms (and 7 different hats)?!? The fact they have 2 homes and 2 roads seems like they couldn't decide on which design to use and just said "Why not both?!?" The ones with teal are ok and definitely the lesser of two evils. I bet in 2-3 years they become the primary and the other two are dropped completely. The Los DBacks jersey is unnecessary too.

At least there keeping the 2001 throwback which is all they really need to begin with. Just make a new gray version with purple instead of black (doesn't even need to be a vest) and a purple alternate and they'd be one of the best looking team in the league. Instead we got this new "kewl*" disaster which overtakes the Marlins as the worst uniforms in the league.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah....these are pretty brutal. I kinda like the Alt Roads and the retros, but the rest are pretty awful. 8 jerseys though. Why?(Rhetorical question; we all know why).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Crimes against humanity. I'd spend more time ripping them apart, but everyone else with eyes has already beat me to the punch. Someone got paid for this, and that is so ****ing depressing.

Of course this does not apply to the throwbacks, which are the only look the franchise has had that hasn't been either sterile or horrifying.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
:facepalm:

There are no words. They'll be coming up with new uniforms within 5 years at most after these fail hard. Or just use the excellent throwback as their primary uniform.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just like any uniform, I'll have to see them in action. I do miss the old days. The original uniforms were so good. I understand the marketing and selling of black makes sense. We'll see.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I like the dark greys. Don't like the 8 uniform concept though.

Seriously, I mean there are plenty of other areas costs could be cut. But to make so many different uniform combinations is just another expense on the books for a team that is normally cost conscience. **** it, don't care. We have Greinke, hopefully we grab Leake. I don't care how we look wearing a uniform if we are putting higher numbers in the W column.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gradients belong in ****** 90s powerpoint presentations, not on professional uniforms. And faux snakeskin? Come on man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad