D Andreas Englund - Djurgården, Allsvenskan (2014, 40th overall, Ottawa)

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Excerpts from E-Mac's War Room Profile:

Hashtag: #TheGill-MurrayConcoction
Team: #5, Djurgården, Allsvenskan
Position: Defense
Shoots: Left
Height: 6’3
Weight: 189 lb.
Born: Sweden, 21-Jan-96

From the War Room

Eldon MacDonald, THW: A few words on Andreas Englund:

The Gill-Murray Concoction, Andreas Englund– Who is Andreas England? Well, take a Hal (Harold) Gill; sprinkle him with the ability to skate and make a very nice first pass; then add a little bit of Douglas Murray lack of tenderness and you pretty much got it – a solid NHL size stay at home defenseman with some bite – no dangles, very little puck rushing even though he is a powerful skater, just the D.
Leadership – Andreas is a mature defender for his age (mentally and physically) and a leader by nature. He plays a North American style of game and has a very high compete level – just ask opposition forwards who try to hover around his crease. He was also the Assistant Captain for Team Sweden at the 2014 U18 WJC in Finland where he was one of the Tournament’s best defensemen, leading the defensive core of the team with a +6 (one behind Jack Dougherty of Team USA and Roger Karrer of Team Switzerland who were co-leaders for the Tournament at +7).
Djurgården contract extension – His Swedish professional club, Djurgården, is very happy with Andreas’ play and recently rewarded him with a two year contract extension. Last yearDjurgården played in the second tier Swedish professional league (the Allsvenskan); next year Djurgården will be playing in the top Swedish professional hockey league (the SHL).
Rankings:....

For full article/profile, click here

RoR21

May 24, 2011

good positioning and a solid skater. Don't really notice him unless you look for him. Pretty good first pass and seems to always be in the right spot defensively. Don't know about his offensive upside but could be a solid 2nd pair guy

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
any one hear anything on this guy? Hows his season going? how far away is he from being an NHLer? Any chance he plays in Bingo next season?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Has had a great WJC so far.

Captain of team Sweden, and has been one of, if not their most consistent player on the back end.

Defensive dmen don't get a whole lot of recognition or praise. Swedish defensive dmen get even less. As a sens fan, I was never particularly high on him, but never had never seen more than odd clips of him, so he's really opened my eyes this tournament.

Either way, he looks like he could eventually be a very solid defender in the NHL. Seems to do everything well.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2015
Has had a great WJC so far.

Captain of team Sweden, and has been one of, if not their most consistent player on the back end.

Defensive dmen don't get a whole lot of recognition or praise. Swedish defensive dmen get even less. As a sens fan, I was never particularly high on him, but never had never seen more than odd clips of him, so he's really opened my eyes this tournament.

Either way, he looks like he could eventually be a very solid defender in the NHL. Seems to do everything well.

Agreed, i'm impressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad