D Alex Peters - Plymouth Whalers, OHL (2014, 75th overall, Dallas)

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Today was the third time in my three viewings of Plymouth that Alex Peters has had a standout game and I figured that he at least deserved a thread on the main boards as he is very likely to be a top-90 (by my estimation top-45) pick. Big guy who is very strong and has an active stick, reads the play well and can skate with surprising quickness and agility once he picks up speed. Seemed to come on every other shift in the game today when Plymouth was down a goal. Any other opinions from OHL fans? I know he made the top 20 in Brock's Midterm OHL Rankings

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
He is a very bland prospect. Everythingi s average or just slightly above or below the mark. Doesnt do anything particularly well. Wasting a second on a guy who probably wont be anything more than a 5-6-7th dman would be a sign of a poor scouting staff. And i'm a whaler fan, just don't see much potential there.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
He is a very bland prospect. Everythingi s average or just slightly above or below the mark. Doesnt do anything particularly well. Wasting a second on a guy who probably wont be anything more than a 5-6-7th dman would be a sign of a poor scouting staff. And i'm a whaler fan, just don't see much potential there.

I somewhat agree. He doesn't really standout, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially on a team as poor as it was last year. Rarely made any mistakes and it's hard to look good when your teammates are so bad. Had a team best in +/- at -3 where their captain and 5th year veteran defenseman was a -31. I do agree he's probably be a 5/6 defenseman and I might not take him in the 2nd, but I l think he'd be an easy choice in the third. The obvious whaler comparison would be Brett bellemore, who finally has made his stay in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad