D Adam Samuelsson - USDP, USA U18 (2018 undrafted)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Looks like he hasn't been much of a point producer until now. Is this him growing into his body or just a hot streak (plus being on a strong team)?

Marshmont63

Jun 22, 2016
The Heights
Where do you guys think Samuelsson will go in next year's draft? Seems like most places I've seen have him somewhere between rounds 3 and 5.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Looks like he hasn't been much of a point producer until now. Is this him growing into his body or just a hot streak (plus being on a strong team)?

I haven’t seen him play this season but I’m pretty sure he’s Bode Wilde’s D partner, and Wilde has been excellent so far. Could explain the increased production.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I haven’t seen him play this season but I’m pretty sure he’s Bode Wilde’s D partner, and Wilde has been excellent so far. Could explain the increased production.

True, but I'd also say it's pretty impressive that he has earned a spot on the top pairing for USA. He is slotting in above Matias Samuelsson, who is ranked higher in comparison.

Maybe he has earned that spot for a reason?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
At first, I was really hyped on this guy....BUT

I think the talent level is there, the hockey IQ...the ONE thing missing and very important in this day and age is his foot speed. From what I understand, his skating is meh..not bad...just average..for a guy that size, his skating needs to be very good..he needs to be mobile or he will end up being a Griffin Reinhart where the head is there, the skills are there, just not the speed..

This also affects current NHLers...like Seabrook and to a certain extent Weber

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
How has Adams season finished up? Seems like he's putting up relatively comparable stats to Mattias Samuelsson, except Mattias is a unanimous 1st and Adam seems to be a consensus 3rd round pick. Fair projection to be a slightly bigger, slower Brayden Coburn?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't like his skating, its bad. And I think for a player his size with his profile, he's not as good defensively as he should be. Mattias Samuelsson is an outstanding defender, and skates much better than Adam Samuelsson.

Reactions: 99664987

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
I don't like his skating, its bad. And I think for a player his size with his profile, he's not as good defensively as he should be. Mattias Samuelsson is an outstanding defender, and skates much better than Adam Samuelsson.

Is it due to him just being too big for his own good? 6'5 240lbs at 17 is outrageous. Wonder if a couple summers of hard training and maybe the employment of a skating coach may do this kid wonders.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is it due to him just being too big for his own good? 6'5 240lbs at 17 is outrageous. Wonder if a couple summers of hard training and maybe the employment of a skating coach may do this kid wonders.

All three of the brothers are bad skaters, so I think its more in how they learned their skating than his size. The other two brothers aren't 6'5 240 either. I think its similar to the Strome brothers, but not as high profile.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thats surprising that he didn't get drafted. I wouldn't personally want my team to draft him, but I thought someone would've taken him in the 3rd or 4th.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Thats surprising that he didn't get drafted. I wouldn't personally want my team to draft him, but I thought someone would've taken him in the 3rd or 4th.
I am a bit shocked he didn't at least get a 7th round flyer pick on him...he actually played solid at the u-18 and figured he is worth a late pick and a stash for 3-4 years just to see what he can do..

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad