Prospect Info: D Adam Fox, 66th overall

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
#66 Adam Fox

#63 on our draft list

Adam Fox uses his quick feet to keep attackers in front of him off the rush. He has good backwards skating and a quick stick and is tough to beat one-on-one. Fox’s size and strength become an issue in the defensive zone though. He can be overpowered in puck battles and has issues clearing the front of the net. This is the biggest flaw in his game, and the main question mark surrounding Fox.

Fox is a boom or bust type of prospect. He has all the puck moving ability to be successful at the next level, but requires a real bulk-up in strength and improvement in his defensive game. Fox’s game is reminiscent of Ryan Ellis of the Nashville Predators but this is a stylistic comparison only and not one based on skill or ability.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/06/02/adam-fox-scouting-report-2016-nhl-draft-63/

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A John Gaudreau type Hail Mary

At this point of the draft, worth a try

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I've just read scouting reports on this kid, but I like the pick. Getting an Ellis level player on your 3rd pairing and can play on your 2nd PP is great. I also like how he can skate and pass. Right there with Girard in this draft IMO.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
A classmate and friend of my son. Nice kid. Was hoping the Islanders would get him, but lacking a 2nd or 3rd knew it was unlikely. Wish you all the best.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I have a feeling this guy is going to leap frog Hickey within a year.

There's no doubt he will.

Talent-wise, he's a top 15 player in the draft.

(purely on style-wise) He plays like a smaller Erik Karlsson out there.

While watching Luce, Greenway, and Krys make mistakes out there he was a treat to watch. He never had a bad game and I saw him with the US NTDP ~12 times.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The more I read about this kid, the more I like. I think Fox was a super underrated draft pick because of his size. I know Girard got a fair amount of draft buzz, was touted as a potential late first or 2nd round pick. Girard is a fantastic skater, has excellent offensive skills, but is small, can get pushed around and has a muffin for a shot.

I think Fox is as good if not a better prospect than Girard from what I can tell. If someone knows more, please share. I see him as having the upside and career as a Ryan Ellis?

For those interested, give this a read (sounds like such a potential steal):

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...couting-report-rankings-highlights-defenceman

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

While watching Luce, Greenway, and Krys make mistakes out there he was a treat to watch. He never had a bad game and I saw him with the US NTDP ~12 times.

I think based on his talent level and skating, he wouldn't make many mistakes or they wouldn't be noticeable at NTDP. The college level will certainly be different for him since strength isn't his calling card so it'll be good to see how he does against bigger/faster players.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Exciting stuff! Are you going to get the chance to watch him in college as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad