Prospect Info: D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Rookie Camp Roster Announced

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wouldn't be surprised if we sign a guy like Ty Hollett (thought he was related to Jordan maybe)

Ty Hollett at eliteprospects.com

The guy just turned 18 y/o and basically didn't play last year and not a lot of reps in the year prior. He was probably under the radar for a late pick in the last draft but they took the romeo as he was still available

Let's go for a free wallet!

Reactions: aragorn and Uncle

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if we sign a guy like Ty Hollett (thought he was related to Jordan maybe)

Ty Hollett at eliteprospects.com

The guy just turned 18 y/o and basically didn't play last year and not a lot of reps in the year prior. He was probably under the radar for a late pick in the last draft but they took the romeo as he was still available

Let's go for a free wallet!

Pretty underwhelming CCHL #s, although he was quite young for the league. Allison seems more intriguing to me, personally.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Still three first round picks skating and a tonne decent 2-4’s…
It's not a bad group by any means, just missing some key pieces from our pool imo, so when I look at that roster it doesn't line up with how good I view our prospect pool as being.

Sokolov, Greig and Pinto will be fun to watch for sure and there are some intriguing guys from this year's draft that we'll get our first close up look at since being drafted. I'm eager to see Roger's development for example. Jarventie is someone I'd like to keep an eye on too.

The silver lining is that we can pay more attention to the next tier of prospects with guys like Sanderson and Boucher not taking up the spot light.

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pretty underwhelming CCHL #s, although he was quite young for the league. Allison seems more intriguing to me, personally.

I know but he turned 18 y/o just 10 days ago... didn't even play in his 17 y/o season, so you're only looking at his 16 y/o season, where he didn't play that much.

He's already 6'4 and 201 lbs, probably more a defensive D-man but if he can skate, use his body and has decent/good IQ, maybe there's something there

I know who Ben Allison is but don't think I have seen him play. Maybe Bondratime knows about him as he was playing for Acadie-Bathurst

It took a while to get some regular playing time in the Q though (he apparently dealt with injuries)... Who knows? Maybe he's a late bloomer. He was voted for the Most Underestimated Player Award for the 2020-21 season, as voted by the fans

2020-21 Most Underestimated Player: Ben Allison – Acadie-Bathurst Titan

Also found these shifts :

Anyway, we'll see but nothing wrong to give some kids a contract or two (like we did with Aspirot and Kelly). It depends where we're at in the 50 contracts limit and how it's looking going forward

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Sokolov, Greig and Pinto will be fun to watch for sure and there are some intriguing guys from this year's draft that we'll get our first close up look at since being drafted. I'm eager to see Roger's development for example. Jarventie is someone I'd like to keep an eye on too.

I add Crooks that i like a lot.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I know but he turned 18 y/o just 10 days ago... didn't even play in his 17 y/o season, so you're only looking at his 16 y/o season, where he didn't play that much.

He's already 6'4 and 201 lbs, probably more a defensive D-man but if he can skate, use his body and has decent/good IQ, maybe there's something there

I know who Ben Allison is but don't think I have seen him play. Maybe Bondratime knows about him as he was playing for Acadie-Bathurst

It took a while to get some regular playing time in the Q though (he apparently dealt with injuries)... Who knows? Maybe he's a late bloomer. He was voted for the Most Underestimated Player Award for the 2020-21 season, as voted by the fans

2020-21 Most Underestimated Player: Ben Allison – Acadie-Bathurst Titan

Also found these shifts :

Anyway, we'll see but nothing wrong to give some kids a contract or two (like we did with Aspirot and Kelly). It depends where we're at in the 50 contracts limit and how it's looking going forward

Definitely not writing off Hollett, just hard to tell when he's only played at lower levels/limited role. Would love to be pleasantly surprised.

I watched those shifts too, he looks ok, but again, 3 yrs ago. Seems big, physically engaged, finishes his checks, and some skill and confidence offensively. Interested to see how he looks in camp.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It's not a bad group by any means, just missing some key pieces from our pool imo, so when I look at that roster it doesn't line up with how good I view our prospect pool as being.

The silver lining is that we can pay more attention to the next tier of prospects with guys like Sanderson and Boucher not taking up the spot light.

Not to mention Jimmy :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Ok so I made the list of the prospects who aren't there

Filip Gustavsson

Jake Sanderson, Erik Brännström, Tyler Kleven, Jonathan Aspirot, Jonny Tychonick

Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris, Tyler Boucher, Alex Formenton, Logan Brown, Parker Kelly, Vitali Abramov, Oliver Johansson, Viktor Lodin, Jakov Novak, Eric Engstrand, Luke Loheit

Not surprising that the guys who already played a good amount of games in the NHL like Stutzle, Norris and Brannstrom are not there. I'm guessing they think that Formenton, Logan Brown and Gustavsson have too much pro experience now and are very close to the NHL (and Logan's situation is unique anyway). We know that Sanderson, Kleven and Boucher (+ Tychonick/Novak/Loheit) wouldn't be there because they are still playing in college. Abramov is gone to the KHL and has a lot of pro experience too. Oliver Johansson is about to play his season in the SEL. Same for Eric Engstrand and Viktor Lodin I guess

My question would be why are Jonathan Aspirot and Parker Kelly not attending?

And what happened with Viktor Lodin? I thought he was supposed to play in Belleville

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Ok so I made the list of the prospects who aren't there

Filip Gustavsson

Jake Sanderson, Erik Brännström, Tyler Kleven, Jonathan Aspirot, Jonny Tychonick

Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris, Tyler Boucher, Alex Formenton, Logan Brown, Parker Kelly, Vitali Abramov, Oliver Johansson, Viktor Lodin, Jakov Novak, Eric Engstrand, Luke Loheit

Not surprising that the guys who already played a good amount of games in the NHL like Stutzle, Norris and Brannstrom are not there. I'm guessing they think that Formenton, Logan Brown and Gustavsson have too much pro experience now and are very close to the NHL (and Logan's situation is unique anyway). We know that Sanderson, Kleven and Boucher (+ Tychonick/Novak/Loheit) wouldn't be there because they are still playing in college. Abramov is gone to the KHL and has a lot of pro experience too. Oliver Johansson is about to play his season in the SEL. Same for Eric Engstrand and Viktor Lodin I guess

My question would be why is Jonathan Aspirot and Parker Kelly not attending?

And what happened with Viktor Lodin? I thought he was supposed to play in Belleville

Both Kelly and Aspirot have attended at least 3 dev camps. Kelly has won multiple Jonathan Pitre awards as the hardest worker at camp. Both have two seasons in the AHL under their belt. Don’t think they have much to gain from another camp.

I also suspect the tourneys would have agreements in place limiting experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

My man, Pinto Calder season coming up.

Is he eligible for the calder anyways?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Matthew Wedman is an interesting camp invite, he scored 40 goals and had 110 PIMS back in the WHL in 2018-19. He seems like a scrappy kid. Signed to play in Atlanta this year could maybe get a bit of a look in Belleville if they need extra bodies throughout the season.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
22/24 of the guys a Dev camp are 6ft or taller. 18/24 are 6'1 or taller. 16/24 are 6'2 or taller.

The 2 that aren't 6ft are 5'11, and are balls to the wall guys in Greig and Crookshank.

We can basically erase guys 5'10 or smaller who aren't exceptional from our draft lists
And the three most high profile guys that are absent average ~ 6ft2.5in, 200lb.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
And the three most high profile guys that are absent average ~ 6ft2.5in, 200lb.
In terms of the prospects that the Sens still own the rights to, these are their sizes listed on hockeydb:
  • Tyler Boucher 6'1 205 lbs (2021 draft)
  • Oliver Johansson 6' 183 lbs (2021 draft)
  • Jake Sanderson 6'2 185 lbs (2020 draft)
  • Tyler Kleven 6'4 200 lbs (2020 draft)
  • Eric Engstrand 6'4 207 lbs (2020 draft)
  • Viktor Lodin 6'1 190 lbs (2019 draft)
  • Jonny Tychonick 6' 173 lbs (2018 draft)
  • Jakov Novak 6'3 215 lbs (2018 draft)
  • Luke Loheit 6'1 186 lbs (2018 draft)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

My man, Pinto Calder season coming up.

Is he eligible for the calder anyways?

wow Pinto is overvaluing himself... This is what a Leafs fan told me yesterday

"Pinto is a really solid prospect that likely becomes a 3rd line centre in the league. We already have a 3 line centre, and while Pinto likely becomes a more high scoring player than Kämpf, it is not yet determined that he will be as good defensively and responsible for defensive zone draws like Kämpf is going to be for us."

Reactions: derriko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad