GDT: Czechs vs Slovenia

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
OK, positive news: The team managed to get out of the pit. The third period was alright, I don't quite understand why they didn't start the game with the same approach.

Negative news: Certain mental fragility of the team. They allowed the first goal on an unlucky bounce and were unable to respond adequately for more than 30 minutes (!) until Kubalík literally saved them with the 1-2 goal. It was enough to beat Slovenia at the end, but a stronger opponent wouldn't give them this opportunity.

It is neccessary to start the next game much better focused, more confident, more "in the game". The team isn't so bad, but they need to maintain the right mental setting.

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Got the best of both worlds! Stayed in the pub when we were 0-2 down, but at 3-2 - with apologies to my friends drinking with me - I put in my headphones and watched the rest live on my iPhone. Now I will drink to victory. (Though it is sad when I have to drink with relief over beating Slovenia! But still… better result against them than Canada got :))

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
There is a lesson learned in this game, and TSN pxp announcer Gord Miller said it best during the broadcast. If you are an underdog team like Slovenia and have a chance to upset a hockey powerhouse like Czechia, don't take any penalties. And the penalties that Slovenia took pretty much woke the Czechs up in the 2nd and 3rd period causing Slovenia to fall apart as well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There is a lesson learned in this game, and TSN pxp announcer Gord Miller said it best during the broadcast. If you are an underdog team like Slovenia and have a chance to upset a hockey powerhouse like Czechia, don't take any penalties. And the penalties that Slovenia took pretty much woke the Czechs up in the 2nd and 3rd period causing Slovenia to fall apart as well.
"Easier said than done" sums it up. Yes, if you have a 2-0 lead AND play the perfect game after you can upset the Czechs. Better teams are better teams for a reason, more often than not they will find a way to force your mistakes.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Got the best of both worlds! Stayed in the pub when we were 0-2 down, but at 3-2 - with apologies to my friends drinking with me - I put in my headphones and watched the rest live on my iPhone. Now I will drink to victory. (Though it is sad when I have to drink with relief over beating Slovenia! But still… better result against them than Canada got :))
I was in and out but they (and the Latvians) played a great game against us.

I think we got their backup goalie (sorry I don't know enough about Slovenian hockey).

Kubalik is on fire and he's had 3 different C's in 4 games.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Another plus.. another D goal for us.. Kempny with his 2nd... Our D have scored in every game.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Jalonen should just leave, we are playing worst hockey in history under him, it absolutely unwatchable and we have historic loses against countries we never had any problem with. Even winning bronze last year, we were absolutely horrible and he refused Vrana Svozil and Galvas what the f?
Sounds good. We need a new U20 coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad