GDT: Czechs vs Slovenia

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

No Chytil for us.. hurt.

No Sedlak for us... hurt and may be done.

Spacek is our third 1C in 4 games.lol

We are starting our third goalie in 4 games too! A 3 goalie rotation is unheard of but here we are!

Vejmelka will also be the last NHL goalie to start a game in the tournament as sitting your NHL goalies is stupid at the Skoda's!

I think Czechs should win.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovenia PP coming up...

Mental note: look up jalonens WC scores with Pasta and without Pasta. Something tells me it'll be ugly

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
bye bye qf, bye bye Kari

Vejmelka terrible!!! Hrubec back to net :DDD

Edit: He is on the stands, doesnt matter, cmon Simon, save us lol

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Down 2-0... Just a reminder that we lost to Latvia for the first time ever under Jalonen. We lost to Austria for the first time ever under Jalonen.

2-0 Slovenia. Awful goal by vlejmelka. Maybe a 3 goalie rotation and sitting the nhler for 2 weeks is a stupid f***en idea?

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm starting to cheer for Slovenia... They look great. Is there a fanshop I could buy a Slovenia Kopitar jersey from?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Anyone with a brain.
Maybe NHLer who is yet to post .900+ Sv% and gets outplayed by Connor Ingram isn't all that amazing. Especially when you were as surprised as the next guy when he became NHL regular last year. For the team, that's objective goal is to tank.

Having said that, he should be your starting goalie, it's just not surprising that it's not exactly Hasek in the crease.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
There is something really wrong with this team... Maybe it is the injuries adding up but we suck.
Its just weak, everyone can blabble about "but NHL players are not everything blah blah blah, but players stats and "paper" quality doesnt mean they are actually better then others blah blah blah" ...

Well I think this team is a nice example that maybe the "easy" way and just go with the stats is the better option

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This is 4 periods in a row (against Latvia and Slovenia) where we are clearly the second best team on the ice.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Man this is so comical, I maybe even dont mind not advancing to qf, just for the sheer comicness of this performances ... and to finally shut up all those experts who think that eht quality team can be competetive at wch lol

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Czechs, stop worrying! Jalonen is great coach. Yes might look bad in some games in round robin...but who cares. Its playoffs that matters. And with Kari Jalonen its always gonna be medals for the czechs in the end.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
World Cup 96 2.0. Reminds the game where Jágr and co. lost 1:7 to Germany. A lot. I've got a strange feeling Jalonen will be fired before he comes back to the hotel. This tournament is apparently lost, they just need to adjust so many things around the national team before the 2024 tournament in Prague. It is obvious the team has mentally collapsed, just like back in September 96, and there needs to be a similar purging which brought Ivan Hlinka to the bench and changed many things around the team back then.

Reactions: martygod12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad