U18: Czech U18 team 2024

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I like the look of the team.. still very happy. Even if we lose. I like this team and the players on it. I see forward depth and good D. I don't know the 3 goalies and Milota seems unlikely to arrive so that is a shame.

Feel like our D is a nice combo of active D and stay at home types. Our forwards are pretty deep. Lots of 'names' that I like.

It is crazy to me that, at the U20, that Galvas, Badinka, Jiricek and Fibigr will all be 18 to 19 years old. That is a hell of a core to build around! Add in Dvorak and Port and that could be 6 drafted D in Ottawa.

Nonetheless... I'm optimistic and really excited to see these guys.

My guess is we get blown out once by Canada or Sweden, win the games we should and have a strong quarter as we learn from the early adversity. It is the Czech way lately!

1713111640892.png

As long as we don't finish 4th.. we will have a playable opponent. A difficult one for sure but a playable one. I'd say the Finn's playing at home is a disadvantage... playing at home sucks.

Need to beat the Swiss and Kazakhistan to avoid US (I know they haven't won the pool but it seems likely).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hlinský was the captain at HGC, so he will probably have a strong position in the team and will be a strong defensive defender. The roster is still not closed and it is expected that there will be a cut in the nomination and one defender and one forward will end up.
I feel like Hlinsky and Skok are the 'Cech' of the group. They will both be in Top 4 eating minutes with Galvas and Fibigr. I don't mind it! Leaves us a talented 3rd pair with Mrtka getting easier minutes.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I feel like Hlinsky and Skok are the 'Cech' of the group. They will both be in Top 4 eating minutes with Galvas and Fibigr. I don't mind it! Leaves us a talented 3rd pair with Mrtka getting easier minutes.
Possible. I would like to see the preliminary matches with Slovakia. But I feel that the current leadership of the hockey association has a very lazy approach to these matters..

Reactions: Czechboy

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Possible. I would like to see the preliminary matches with Slovakia. But I feel that the current leadership of the hockey association has a very lazy approach to these matters..
Hadamczik is busy sending milions to Extraliga clubs so he gets re-elected, cut the guy some slack...

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Ever since Hadamczik has been in charge of the hockey association, game streaming has been a complete travesty. Either the TV broadcasts are not available at all, or their quality is pathetic, maybe they can't even be serious. So, I didn't watch the U20 match today (thankfully, otherwise I would have had to shout with rage), but I saw a video clip of the goals and the guy confidently occupies the other side of the field than where the goal is scored, the puck is permanently out of view of the cameras, or when the attacking team has a chance, he jerks the camera away from the goal, etc.. Mr. Hadamczik is simply showing the connoisseurs his middle finger..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Btw U17 nice win over Finland 6:3 today and Pekar with another goal. Why is this guy not in the U18 WCH squad? He literaly scores in basically every NT game this year lol.

U20 looks like boosted with some guys fron CHL destroyed Slovaks 7:2

Nice results.

Btw that U17 squad looks really nice ... Pekar, Cerny, Cihar, Zahejsky, Mikel, Bartovic, Pavlik etc. ... I dont want to jinx it but we might be for a real treat in couple of years at U20 WJC lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
If we think about it in a way that we could add Jiricek, Galvas, Badinka, Jecho, Curran, Kos, Fibigr, Benak, Novotny, Katolicky, Poletin to this group ... damn :D I mean its kinda scary how good we literally can be in a few years and I am so worried most of those guys would flop .. but damn the luck just has to turn in our way finally right?

Oh and I completely forgot Bartovic.

Edit: seems I didnt lol, but I did forgot Mrtka, so he is another one

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If we think about it in a way that we could add Jiricek, Galvas, Badinka, Jecho, Curran, Kos, Fibigr, Benak, Novotny, Katolicky, Poletin to this group ... damn :D I mean its kinda scary how good we literally can be in a few years and I am so worried most of those guys would flop .. but damn the luck just has to turn in our way finally right?

Oh and I completely forgot Bartovic.

Edit: seems I didnt lol, but I did forgot Mrtka, so he is another one
It is so much more encouraging than a year ago. Plus we have a real strong chance at 4d in top 100 this year. Add that to Dvorak, jiricek, svozil, Alscher and Hamara. All top 100. Some of these guys have to make the NHL, right????

Then the next few years seem to have a lot of forwards coming.

We may not suck in a few years!

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It is so much more encouraging than a year ago. Plus we have a real strong chance at 4d in top 100 this year. Add that to Dvorak, jiricek, svozil, Alscher and Hamara. All top 100. Some of these guys have to make the NHL, right????

Then the next few years seem to have a lot of forwards coming.

We may not suck in a few years!
There are even some good Ds coming ... Mrtka, Cerny, Mikel, Kachlir, Byrtus

Man it really feels like light at the end of a big darkness but I don't want to get too carried away, the can still all flop lol. Hopefully this generation won't be cursed like the last one.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Man it really feels like light at the end of a big darkness but I don't want to get too carried away, the can still all flop lol. Hopefully this generation won't be cursed like the last one.
Fwiw... Love Kachlir. He looked so damn good at the youth Olympics and he was underage.

Just feels like we have a 5 year span here.. starting with David jiricek draft to about 3 more drafts where we should

1. Have a first rounder every year
2. Get several D drafted
3. Keep our goalie pipe going (add hrabal and suchanek to a very promising group of non NHL goalies)
4. Get about 40 guys drafted in those 5 years

Could be similar to that Finnish bump that happened a few years ago.

Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I won't lie.. I'd like to get back to 'if he's in the AHL then he doesn't belong on NT' type arguments. Currently I'm at please play our AHL guys.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
All 3 of the Czech Junior teams won today.. U20, U18 and U17.

What's funny is that 2 guys that lost their draft positons led the way.. Petr for U20 and Titlbach for U18. nice to see Kos score.. hopefully means he's ready to play.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Exhibition means nothing but I am seeing the names I would hope to see getting points. Kos with goals in back to back exhibition games is very encouraging.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
U17 rolled over Sweden 6:2 .. very nice

Today in general: Seniors win 5:1, U20 win 5:1, U18 win 4:3PP, U17 win 6:2

What a nice czech day :D
This keeps happening... Do you remember the last decade where it would be 3 losses and a 4 to 3 win over Luxembourg?lol.

The U20 team is rolling and missing a tonne of guys.

Our U17 are impressive.. are they the Hlinak grouping for this summer? Will Novotny be back for that? Or am I off by a age group?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
This keeps happening... Do you remember the last decade where it would be 3 losses and a 4 to 3 win over Luxembourg?lol.

Our U17 are impressive.. are they the Hlinak grouping for this summer? Will Novotny be back for that? Or am I off by a age group?
I think some of them yeah, Cerny, Mikel, Pekar, Benak, Mrtka etc. are 25 draft if I am not mistaken, Novotny is 26 I think but he will hopefully be there if healthy.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
U17 looks really great. Although they lacked at least two top prospects, so did we... It was definitely still a very strong team.
If I had to choose the player I liked the most from the team today, it would be Pavlík. He is strong, skates well and makes good decisions even in difficult situations (so he will definitely screw things up tomorrow:)). But of course there are a lot of good players out there.

Of course, Novotný is eligible for the HGC. Don't bother me with these questions anymore:D

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
U17 looks really great. Although they lacked at least two top prospects, so did we... It was definitely still a very strong team.
If I had to choose the player I liked the most from the team today, it would be Pavlík. He is strong, skates well and makes good decisions even in difficult situations (so he will definitely screw things up tomorrow:)). But of course there are a lot of good players out there.

Of course, Novotný is eligible for the HGC. Don't bother me with these questions anymore:D
I think Novotny and Katolicky as the biggest talents of this group, maybe I am wrong but those two so far damn.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I think Novotny and Katolicky as the biggest talents of this group, maybe I am wrong but those two so far damn.
Katolický is a year younger and as I already wrote, I want to see him at least at the WHC before I make a more detailed opinion on him.
It is a great pity that Novotný is injured, I would like to see him among the older players. Benák has already managed to dominate among such... But if someone is even better than him, I won't have a problem with it. Anyway, the group of attackers looks.. well.. I'll forgive the strong expressions:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad