Czech Republic Preliminary Olympic Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The 51 man roster was actually released earlier this month.

Goaltenders
Roman Cechmanek (Karlovy Vary - Czech)
Dominik Hasek (Ottawa - NHL)
Milan Hnilicka (Liberec - Czech)
Martin Prusek (Columbus - NHL)
Marek Schwarz (Sparta - Czech)
Roman Turek (Ceske Budejovice - Czech)
Tomas Vokoun (Nashville - NHL)

DEFENSEMEN
Michal Barinka (Norfolk - AHL)
Jiri Fischer (Detroit - NHL)
Roman Hamrlik (Calgary - NHL)
Jan Hejda (Khimik - Russia)
Frantisek Kaberle (Carolina - NHL)
Tomas Kaberle (Toronto - NHL)
Filip Kuba (Minnesota - NHL)
Pavel Kubina (Tampa Bay - NHL)
Marek Malik (New York Rangers - NHL)
Radek Martinek (New York Islanders - NHL)
Jaroslav Modry (Atlanta - NHL)
Karel Pilar (Toronto - NHL)
Martin Skoula (Dallas - NHL)
Jiri Slegr (Boston - NHL)
Ladislav Smid (Portland - AHL)
Jaroslav Spacek (Chicago - NHL)
Marek Zidlicky (Nashville - NHL)

FORWARDS
Jan Bulis (Montreal - NHL)
Petr Cajanek (St. Louis - NHL)
Radek Dvorak (Edmonton - NHL)
Patrik Elias (New Jersey - NHL)
Martin Erat (Nashville - NHL)
Martin Havlat (Ottawa - NHL)
Milan Hejduk (Colorado - NHL)
Ales Hemsky (Edmonton - NHL)
Jan Hlavac (Geneva - SWI)
Jiri Hudler (Grand Rapids - AHL)
Jaromir Jagr (New York Rangers - NHL)
Jakub Klepis (Hershey - AHL)
Ales Kotalik (Buffalo - NHL)
Robert Lang (Detroit - NHL)
Vaclav Nedorost (Ceske Budejovice - Czech)
Rostislav Olesz (Florida - NHL)
Vaclav Prospal (Tampa Bay - NHL)
Petr Prucha (New York Rangers - NHL)
Robert Reichel (Litvinov - Czech)
Martin Rucinsky (New York Rangers - NHL)
Martin Straka (New York Rangers - NHL)
Petr Sykora (Anaheim - NHL)
Vaclav Varada (Ottawa - NHL)
Josef Vasicek (Carolina - NHL)
Petr Vrana (Albany - AHL)
Radim Vrbata (Carolina - NHL)
David Vyborny (Columbus - NHL)

Notable ommisions: Rostislav Klesla, Karel Rachunek, Radek Bonk, Milan Michalek

Suprises: Schwarz. Barinka, Smid, Klepis, Vrana :confused:

Last edited:

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Bonk is yet ONCE again ommited like in the last Olympics and Reichel is there. Bonk>Reichel.

There must be SOMETHING between Bonk and the Czech Ice Hockey Federation that we dont know about cause they ommit him when they can.

Klepis over Bonk or Michalek?

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
I don't understand why they wouldn't add Holik and Nedved to the list. I realize that they both are dual citizens with other countries, but I think they are still eligible to play. For any nation to challenge Canada they are going to have to ice the best team they possibly can. It's kind of a bummer when players don't want to play for their countries and when national teams shun guys like Bonk, Holik and Nedved.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
12# Peter Bondra said:
Bonk is yet ONCE again ommited like in the last Olympics and Reichel is there. Bonk>Reichel.

There must be SOMETHING between Bonk and the Czech Ice Hockey Federation that we dont know about cause they ommit him when they can.

Klepis over Bonk or Michalek?

Don't get it either. Bonk and Bulis would be a perfect PK duo and could play on a fourth or third line, bringing some nice two-way hockey.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Mr Kanadensisk said:
I don't understand why they wouldn't add Holik and Nedved to the list. I realize that they both are dual citizens with other countries, but I think they are still eligible to play. For any nation to challenge Canada they are going to have to ice the best team they possibly can. It's kind of a bummer when players don't want to play for their countries and when national teams shun guys like Bonk, Holik and Nedved.
Holik = cant play, played for the US somewhere I think and he wouldnt even want to play for the Czech Republic.

Nedved played for Canada in the Olympics or somewhere so he cant play either, unless called up to Canada's roster.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think you guys are better off without Bonk.

I've watched him a long time and never been impressed with him.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Someone told me that Hasek would not play this time even if he made the team or something? Is there any truth to to that? I doubt they would name him to the prelim roster if that were true.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
12# Peter Bondra said:
He will play if selected and healthy.

You mean if Healthy, because if he's healthy and not selected, the people selecting this team should be put away. I'd say he's the best goalie in the world right now.

Which is scary for a Team Canada fan. :help:

espo*

12# Peter Bondra said:
Holik = cant play, played for the US somewhere I think and he wouldnt even want to play for the Czech Republic.

Nedved played for Canada in the Olympics or somewhere so he cant play either, unless called up to Canada's roster.
Are you sure about this? I seem to recall him playing for the Czech team at the first world cup,which was a couple of years after him suiting up for Team Canada.Maybe the rules have changed about that stuff now.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
cyclops said:
Are you sure about this? I seem to recall him playing for the Czech team at the first world cup,which was a couple of years after him suiting up for Team Canada.Maybe the rules have changed about that stuff now.

World Cup = aint a IIHF tourney. Zubrus can play for Russia in the World Cup but he cant play for Russia in the WC's as he is Lithuanian. Holik tried to make the 2004 World Cup USA squad (from what I heard) so he probably wouldnt even play for the Czech Republic.

espo*

12# Peter Bondra said:
World Cup = aint a IIHF tourney. Zubrus can play for Russia in the World Cup but he cant play for Russia in the WC's as he is Lithuanian. Holik tried to make the 2004 World Cup USA squad (from what I heard) so he probably wouldnt even play for the Czech Republic.
Thanks,question cleared up.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
G: Hasek & Vokoun

D: Fischer, Hamrlik, Kaberle, Kuba, Kubina, Modry, Zidlicky

F: Cajanek, Elias, Havlat, Hejduk, Hemsky, Jagr, Lang, Prospal, Rucinsky, Straka, Sykora, Vasicek

Filter out some of the weaker guys and WOW! This team has talent.

ILuvLA

Jul 16, 2004
Lost in LA
If Czech's play in the Olympics as they did in Austria this past May - look out - they will definitely win Gold. Scary Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad