WJC: Czech Republic at the 2011 WJC

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
Well...he used his stick as some kind of ball chopper in the Canada game. That´s not showing heart IMO;) I just hope he wont be doing something like that again in the Sweden game...and especially the fate-deciding Russia game. He is certainly a great prospect and we need guys like him on the ice. As the guys on TSN said: "He has everything but a vowel":D

I agree the game aginst russia is going to be CRUCIAL if we want to avoid relegation hopefully we can keep it close against sweden tommorow and not let our frustrasion get the best of us and take pentalties our pk isnt very good from what i saw last game :help:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Well...he used his stick as some kind of ball chopper in the Canada game. That´s not showing heart IMO;) I just hope he wont be doing something like that again in the Sweden game...and especially the fate-deciding Russia game. He is certainly a great prospect and we need guys like him on the ice. As the guys on TSN said: "He has everything but a vowel":D

He says he didn't do it deliberately, but I suspect he was just trying too hard to impress on the ice. He should be a lot better next year I suspect (not that he's bad now) It's such a pity we don't have Jaskin on this team, I think he would have made a difference (especially close games)

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
He says he didn't do it deliberately, but I suspect he was just trying too hard to impress on the ice. He should be a lot better next year I suspect (not that he's bad now) It's such a pity we don't have Jaskin on this team, I think he would have made a difference (especially close games)

Yeah, I hope he will be great next year too. Filippi, Frk, Jaškin, Hyka (?), Musil in D...it doesnt sound so bad:)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Yeah, I hope he will be great next year too. Filippi, Frk, Jaškin, Hyka (?), Musil in D...it doesnt sound so bad:)

Yeah, i think it could be very strong team
also there still can be Straka, Culek, Holik
maybe Hertl, Uher, Šidlik...?
just defense will be problem.. as always

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

Yeah the Czech WJC team could be very good next year. Frk, Jaskin, Straka, Culek, Holik, Musil, Hrbas, Jank, Filippli and possibly Mrazek (if anything gets worked out with his former club) could make the Czech's a really solid team next year. We will see how things work out, but they could be one of the best Czech teams in years.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Yeah the Czech WJC team could be very good next year. Frk, Jaskin, Straka, Culek, Holik, Musil, Hrbas, Jank, Filippli and possibly Mrazek (if anything gets worked out with his former club) could make the Czech's a really solid team next year. We will see how things work out, but they could be one of the best Czech teams in years.

Hopefully. But first we need to make sure now that we will be at next WJC :)

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
We need to get Better goalteding and a better pk/ not take as many penalties if we wanna get past the Russians ..... Frk is deadley on the PP :handclap:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

Honestly I think the Czech's are pretty safe. They will probably end up in the relegation round, but they shouldn't have a problem with Norway. Germany and Slovakia are both pretty good, but I can't see either taking down the Czech's. It will be Norway and probably Germany (unfortunately, they quite a few good players coming up) going down and like usual the Czech's and Slovak's will be back in the WJC.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
We need to get Better goalteding and a better pk/ not take as many penalties if we wanna get past the Russians ..... Frk is deadley on the PP :handclap:

Yeah, I agree with you. But it's good to know we are improving, imo we played much much better against the swedes than we did against the canadians (we went from losing by 5 to losing by 3, although you could argue that sweden aren't as strong as canada) but those defensive mistakes and frequently getting outnumbered on counter attacks are things we need to get rid of. If we play to the limit of our ability, we have a good chance of making the game against the russians close.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

I agree with smitty10 on this, I think we'll be ok. But we may be quite a bit nervous, just like russia will be against us, cos both teams don't want to play the relegation round.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
They will probably end up in the relegation round, but they shouldn't have a problem with Norway.

I believe we are not gonna play them again. The points we have from our 2:0 win would count in the relegation group. Or have I missed something and they changed the rules?:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad