Czech prospects update thread

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Just by the glance at it who I think might get NHL contract in the next 2 years (not under contract yet and not counting guys yet to be drafted):

From NA:
Suchanek, Cajan, Hrabal, Becher, Rymon, Rocak, Port, Spunar, Matecha, Melovsky, Cibulka

From Europe:
Tichacek, Rychlovsky, Najman, Flynn, Hovorka (maybe more of those overagers, its really hard to tell here, but those five have high chances imo, I already read about Hovorka being in talk with NHL teams), Kral, Kavan; from other Euro leagues maybe: Tomasek, Spacek and Kral might get another chance, Malek etc.

Plus of course lot of guys yet to be drafted who might be under contract already by 2026 ... What is nice that most of the players I listed arent some long shots, but have real chance of getting NHL contract. Sure also many of the guys are at risk of leaving NHL/AHL for europe forever, but I still think the number of guys coming in will outnumber them.

My hopes are that by the 2030 OG we will have 20-25 regularly playing on field players in the NHL + 5-6 GKs in the NHL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just by the glance at it who I think might get NHL contract in the next 2 years (not under contract yet and not counting guys yet to be drafted):

From NA:
Suchanek, Cajan, Hrabal, Becher, Rymon, Rocak, Port, Spunar, Matecha, Melovsky, Cibulka

From Europe:
Tichacek, Rychlovsky, Najman, Flynn, Hovorka (maybe more of those overagers, its really hard to tell here, but those five have high chances imo, I already read about Hovorka being in talk with NHL teams), Kral, Kavan; from other Euro leagues maybe: Tomasek, Spacek and Kral might get another chance, Malek etc.

Plus of course lot of guys yet to be drafted who might be under contract already by 2026 ... What is nice that most of the players I listed arent some long shots, but have real chance of getting NHL contract. Sure also many of the guys are at risk of leaving NHL/AHL for europe forever, but I still think the number of guys coming in will outnumber them.

My hopes are that by the 2030 OG we will have 20-25 regularly playing on field players in the NHL + 5-6 GKs in the NHL.
If honestly feels like the dark before the light.lol

Like I get it's bad in the NHL but we do have Pasta in Top 5, Hronek in Top 10 and a lot of goalies doing well. Then you got this black hole of players leaving but this rainbow of players coming in.lol

Not sure how many guys on your list will crack the NHL at all but we will see. Rousek and Pavel just got called up and I doubt many saw that a few years ago.

It really does 'feel' like we should have a first rounder for the next few years too. Of course, all this is hope and not fact.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Another ELC!

13th player from the Silver team to get an ELC.

Spring is bearing some fruit! Ivan, Chmelar and Szturc so far.

I think we have some overagers do in the draft. Then there are guys like Tichacek and Suchanek who also seem likely to get some kind of AHL/ELC type deal.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Another ELC!

13th player from the Silver team to get an ELC.

Spring is bearing some fruit! Ivan, Chmelar and Szturc so far.

I think we have some overagers do in the draft. Then there are guys like Tichacek and Suchanek who also seem likely to get some kind of AHL/ELC type deal.

Sadly there is like 0,01% chance for Chmelar to actually make NHL, but still it's good a lot of guys are getting the contracts and many more are hopefully to come.

Sooner or later they have to start cracking the NHL rosters. At least some of them

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sadly there is like 0,01% chance for Chmelar to actually make NHL, but still it's good a lot of guys are getting the contracts and many more are hopefully to come.

Sooner or later they have to start cracking the NHL rosters. At least some of them
Chmelar has a better chance than you state. His point totals are deceiving. He was playing at over a 1PPG pace to start the season, then got injured, played badly through his injury, had to get surgery, and since returning has like 1 point in 9 games or something.

As long as this injury doesn’t do permanent damage to his ability to play his game, you’re looking at a guy that probably would’ve been 1PPG or higher this year in the NCAA at the age of the average college junior (so he’s not exactly old for the level), and he’s 6’5, gritty, and skates well.

I’m not expecting miracles. He’s likely no more than a bottom six forward, but that seems a real possibility if you look past how his season went after he got injured.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I'd say he has a 50 percent chance of making it as a bottom 6 guy. Big body, good skater.

I don't expect him to be pasta but in that zohorna and klapka tier. Just hope he can stick longer and maybe get a few seasons.

It's funny because it feels like our short players are the high end talent (benak and galvas) and our tall ones are bottom 6ers. Where is that chmelar with Benak hands and visions

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

ANO!!! I believe that is now 14 players with an NHL contract from that silver U20 team!

Nice little Spring - Szturc, Ivan, Chmelar and now Suchanek.

I'm hearing Rychlovsky may be getting some kind of contract too.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

ANO!!! I believe that is now 14 players with an NHL contract from that silver U20 team!

Nice little Spring - Szturc, Ivan, Chmelar and now Suchanek.

I'm hearing Rychlovsky may be getting some kind of contract too.

Wrote in the other thread already. But I think Rychlovsky and Tichacek are at like 90% chance of getting contract.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I assumed he quit hockey and was dumped by the Oilers. Might still be a player here.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Btw looking at this rankings from march, and if it plays out like this it could be a very succesfull draft for us. Sure only one guy in 1st round, but overall 7 guys in the top 100 and 4 in first two rounds would be really good.
I'm really hoping we keep the first round trend going. We are now in a dark hole from not having first rounders or having first round busts roughly a decade ago. So now we are hopefully rebuilding.

Badinka may end up in round 1. I wouldn't be surprised as he has the size and handedness and plays in a league known for devleoping first rounders. Next year and the year after and the year after that all seem to have a first rounder. Time will tell though.

I keep hoping for a dozen guys this year.

I keep hoping the scouting community is realizing we don't suck at that level anymore.. so many undrafted guys tore it up this year - Becher, Melovsky, Rymon, Matecha and Cibulka all come to mind. Plus the signings of Ivan, Suchanek and Szturc. That is a lot of undrafted firepower!

So how I see it today:
Jiricek in round 1 seems to be a lock.
Badinka, Galvas, Jecho, Fibigr, Curran and Kos all seem to be locks.

So that's 7.

Can 5 of this group go?

Becher, Rymon, Tichachek (just like Simon), Matecha, Cibulka, Melovsky, Klima, Svozil, Mestalarsky, Perez and I've probably missed a few guys.

So watch us hit 5.lol

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I'm really hoping we keep the first round trend going. We are now in a dark hole from not having first rounders or having first round busts roughly a decade ago. So now we are hopefully rebuilding.

Badinka may end up in round 1. I wouldn't be surprised as he has the size and handedness and plays in a league known for devleoping first rounders. Next year and the year after and the year after that all seem to have a first rounder. Time will tell though.

I keep hoping the scouting community is realizing we don't suck at that level anymore.. so many undrafted guys tore it up this year - Becher, Melovsky, Rymon, Matecha and Cibulka all come to mind. Plus the signings of Ivan, Suchanek and Szturc. That is a lot of undrafted firepower!

So how I see it today:

So that's 7.

Can 5 of this group go?

Becher, Rymon, Tichachek (just like Simon), Matecha, Cibulka, Melovsky, Klima, Svozil, Mestalarsky, Perez and I've probably missed a few guys.

So watch us hit 5.lol
I would say Drancak might also go in later rounds.

Sikora and Holinka have a pretty good chance too imo. First 22 and second 16 games with Trinec this year. Both netting 3points. Not bad for yet to be drafted guys lol. Even better for us that those are guys already playing ELH and no one even talks about them lol. Sadly Holinka is the same as Badinka not eligible anymore for U18 WCH.

Milota has a good chance too.

Same for Hradec. 25 games in ELH with Boleslav, also not bad for a 17yrs old. Danicek maybe too, he was playing really good in the U20 league.

And D.Svozil also has a decent chance .. he doesnt stand out points wise, but has been ranked even higher then some of those guys I mentioned.

So as you said, those 7 you mentioned are pretty much locks imo. I thinks at least 2-3 from those guys I mentioned will also be drafted. And of course some overagers.

I think it will be in a span between 10-15 players.

U18 WCH can also help us or hurt us quite a bit in this regard. Thats what happened last year imo. We were also talking about 11-12 players, but then we got that terrible U18 and dropped to 7 guys lol.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would say Drancak might also go in later rounds.

Sikora and Holinka have a pretty good chance too imo. First 22 and second 16 games with Trinec this year. Both netting 3points. Not bad for yet to be drafted guys lol. Even better for us that those are guys already playing ELH and no one even talks about them lol. Sadly Holinka is the same as Badinka not eligible anymore for U18 WCH.

Milota has a good chance too.

Same for Hradec. 25 games in ELH with Boleslav, also not bad for a 17yrs old. Danicek maybe too, he was playing really good in the U20 league.

And D.Svozil also has a decent chance .. he doesnt stand out points wise, but has been ranked even higher then some of those guys I mentioned.

So as you said, those 7 you mentioned are pretty much locks imo. I thinks at least 2-3 from those guys I mentioned will also be drafted. And of course some overagers.

I think it will be in a span between 10-15 players.

U18 WCH can also help us or hurt us quite a bit in this regard. Thats what happened last year imo. We were also talking about 11-12 players, but then we got that terrible U18 and dropped to 7 guys lol.
And spunar!

Again... Hoping for 12. Not saying all these will get drafted but it does feel encouraging this year. Hopefully a good U18 tourney to put me in a good mood before watching our forwards in Prague

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

So how I see it today:

So that's 7.

Can 5 of this group go?

So watch us hit 5.lol
In my last top 128 I have :

Jiricek (25)
Badinka (39)
Jecho (49)
Curran (54)
Galvas (63)
Fischer (92)
Fibigr (103)
Becher (104)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
In my last top 128 I have :

Jiricek (25)
Badinka (39)
Jecho (49)
Curran (54)
Galvas (63)
Fischer (92)
Fibigr (103)
Becher (104)
Surprised.no Kos. We don't get Fischer unfortunately. Unless something changed because I'd welcome him with open arms.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

It's interesting because Petr has similar boxcars to Jecho and Curran. Maybe someone grabs my fav in round 7? Oh, who am I kidding.lol

I do think Spunar goes in redraft though. He's excellent when healthy.

Curiuos how many of these guys get drafted. I'd say WHL is, arugably, the best league in CHL right now so it's nice to see so many doing well. Even Dvorak at .5ppg is encouraging for a big dman.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

OHL didn't go so well.lol Sale really looking like he'll be in OHL again next year. And then Chance Liiga after that.

Fibigr is the jewel in this group.

Happy for Slavicek but think it's probably too late for a redraft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Slavicek under 1PPG is still underperforming. He should be well over 1PPG.

He’ll need to go prove himself in a pro league, and if he can start to score like his potential indicates then he could be considered for an NHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad