Olympics: Czech Olympic Team 2022

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Finally, first guy from club owners who said it openly. Especially his note about Slegr and Jagr should be adressed as well. Awesome hockey players but not a good managers…. To defend them a bit, there was probably nobody to teach them or terrible examples like Paroubek having Slegr under his arm.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Great article by Jirka Vítek on current situation. Rather long but it's well worth it.
Český hokej jsem zachránil, říká Tomáš Král. Proč tedy pod jeho vedením stagnuje?
Great article.. touched upon all of it.

Less clubs.. 24 is ridiculous!
Keep them here till they are 18 (no idea how you do this but our U18 team would be much better, our U20 team would see imporovement and our leagues below Extraliga would see improvement)

Honestly, those 2 things would be enough to get us going in the right direction.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Just so it's clear, I don't think a new coach fixes our problems. Even if we won the last Olympics.. our problems would exist. This isn't about winning 2 or 3 week long tournaments. It's about a good system that consistently produces good players. Eg. America NEVER wins at the senior level - last Olympics was 1980, last big one was 1996 but NO ONE is concerned about American Hockey (because it is run extremely well).

So they fire everyone but Nedved who, to me, was the dumbest of the lot (loved him as a player) and it's his job to hire new coaches? Are you f***en kidding me?????

In comes Rucinsky, Jagr and Prospal.

Stop hiring hockey players!!!!! Gretzky was a crap coach. All the fromer Oiler greats failed in Edmonton. Being great at hockey, being good at coaching and being good at General Managing are 3 different skillsets.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2022-2-26_10-45-23.png

For fun.. in the East here are the current non playoff teams... not many Czechs! Hope for Vrana, Hronek and Zadina. Zacha will not show up like always.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2022-2-26_10-46-38.png

The West is not that more encouraging...

Assumign today that would give us Faksa, Reichel, Hertl, Kubalik, Vlejmelka

Hertl, Vlejmelka and Kubalik don't have contracts for next year.

This division has a few guys I'd really like to see but we won't because they'll send them to the AHL for playoffs. I'd love to see Dostal be our starter. I'd love to see Galvas on the team but he'll go to Rockford. I'd like to see Raska as well as a 4th line energy player but he'll be going to the AHL. I'd love to see Jenik but he'll be in the AHL.

That is the direction I'd like though.. for the Czechs to stop thinking Extraliga is great and realize our quick, young fast guys are in the AHL and surround them with some vets. Look at Chlapik.. total bum in the AHL.. comes to Extraliga and leads it in scoring. I've never heard of a low scoring extraliga player lighting up the AHL.

But not much help at all... things can change of course. I don't expect us to win the World's or do very well but I'd like to see a change in direction. I'd like to see us get Kral as well but AHL. not this old guy or young guy bullshit. Pick your vets and then build around them.

Not that I think either is coming but grab Krejci and Cervenka and give them some young fast guys. Aim for a Top 9! Figure out who is good at 5 on 5.

Reactions: Goodman68

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Where is your "Czech 2022 WHC" thread?

On Finnish news site it was said that Czechs are strongly considering signing Kari Jalonen for a 2.5 years contract. So these rumors are still going strong about him. He's a very good coach in my opinion and I think that Czechs will get at least 1 final spot in the next few years with K. Jalonen in charge and maybe win gold as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Where is your "Czech 2022 WHC" thread?

On Finnish news site it was said that Czechs are strongly considering signing Kari Jalonen for a 2.5 years contract. So these rumors are still going strong about him. He's a very good coach in my opinion and I think that Czechs will get at least 1 final spot in the next few years with K. Jalonen in charge and maybe win gold as well.
We're still dwelling on the Olympics!lol

I'm sure Jalonen is amazing but I'm strongly opposed to a foreign coach (from any country). Luckily, no one is asking me.haha

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
We're still dwelling on the Olympics!lol

I'm sure Jalonen is amazing but I'm strongly opposed to a foreign coach (from any country). Luckily, no one is asking me.haha

You will be happy when you win WHC gold with him at some point. He's the real deal and a gold finger just like Jukka Jalonen. They aren't related but they both are just really good coaches.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You will be happy when you win WHC gold with him at some point. He's the real deal and a gold finger just like Jukka Jalonen. They aren't related but they both are just really good coaches.
I agree and Jalonen is amazing.. if he was our coach, I wouldn't like it either. Or any great coach not born in Czech.

It's our problem which we created and we need to fix it. Nothing against the amazing coaches from other countries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad