CXLVIII - NHL BOG approves sale and relocation of Coyotes to Ryan Smith, league announces establishment of franchise in Utah

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Never heard the term ‘steward’ used so much to describe owners.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
70+ folks relocating. (Mr. Smith called out for "lots" of realtors.)

Governor speaking. "Happiest governor since 1979" (when NBA came to town).

SLC Mayor: July 24 signing for 2034 Olympics. Lots of firsts (including biggest consumption of ice cream in Delta Center).

Salt Lake County mayor now speaking

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
They're moving to Saskatoon.

The team name will be Nordiques.

Team colours will be (in order) Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.

The club will be sponsored by Ashley Madison.

They've signed Matthew Miller.

Theoren Fleury will be director of public relations.

The City of Saskatoon and the City of Moose Jaw (for some reason) will combine resources for a 34,000-seat outdoor arena.

Not only will the boards feature digital ads, the digital ads will be played on the ice, and visible to the players.
I feel like you’re missing the chef’s kiss… where a model city is created to (checks Rand McNally atlas) wipe Bladworth off the map, build an arena and a bit of a city around it, construct high-speed rail for direct transport from Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw, Swift Current, and Porcupine Plain, and extort Elon Musk in order to get it done at minimal taxpayer expense.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
I feel like you’re missing the chef’s kiss… where a model city is created to (checks Rand McNally atlas) wipe Bladworth off the map, build an arena and a bit of a city around it, construct high-speed rail for direct transport from Saskatoon, Regina, Moose Jaw, Swift Current, and Porcupine Plain, and extort Elon Musk in order to get it done at minimal taxpayer expense.
I appreciate a foreigner’s attempt to wrap up Saskatchewan geography but without mentioning Climax or Biggar (motto, New York is big, but this is Biggar), I worry that your atlas has let you down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So they’re not really going after a new arena it sounds like.

They’re gonna have 70 as like their identifying number before this is done

sneakytitz

Mar 8, 2023
Atlanta, GA, USA
This is the Utah introductory press conference.

Yeah...nothing said so far is anything less than a brand new arena. They've identified their spot, the state has cleared the law for funding, they've got a few more hurdles to clear but they're full tilt for a brand new arena/district.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Damn that Meruelo press conference was awful. Does he not have a PR team?
  • "I hate the media"
  • "Can you let me breath?"
  • "I spent 7 million on the tempe vote" - Public docs say 1 million
Gary probably left that thinking "Can't wait until year 3 when this guy is still searching for land and we can pull the carpet out from him." He had to take the mic away from him a few times and answer on his behalf.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
As it is ASU should also be a hockey member of the Big Ten as well, they too are AAU. I would think they would want to compete in a power conference for the sport even if it means affiliate membership.

Check out which conference has won more National Titles in the past decade and tell me which one is the Power Conference…

Reactions: blues10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad