Trade: [CWS/CHC] Craig Kimbrel for Nick Madrigal and Codi Heuer

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Hendriks and Kimbrel wow. Only if White Sox were healthy enough... that team is scary.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I f***ing hate the Kimbrel trade

Nick is a good hitter and Sox have no one worth a damn to replace him and what he brings to Sox

All for a f***ing bum who is going to revert to being a bum

Cubs got revenge for Quintana trade

Sox gave up more for Kimbrel then Giants did for Kris Bryant ,, That is absurd

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Jed Fleece

Isn’t Madrigal the best contact hitter in baseball?

At least the Sox now have an anchor for a year because there’s no reason to pick up that option

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
They gave up Madrigal for a potential rental in Kimbrel?

Yikes
Madrigal was the least important of all the long term position players. 2B is the easiest position to replace... they've already done so with Cesar through next year.

He's a decent contributor, should put up 3 WAR at least annually, but the lack of power will always leave him with a low ceiling.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Madrigal was the least important of all the long term position players. 2B is the easiest position to replace... they've already done so with Cesar through next year.

He's a decent contributor, should put up 3 WAR at least annually, but the lack of power will always leave him with a low ceiling.
Madrigal was out for this year anyway. I see him as a good, but likely not great player. Kimbrel can be retained via option and is the most dominant player for his position this year. I consider him an ideal fit for the White Sox.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad