Confirmed with Link: Curtis McElhinney hired as the Director of Goaltending Development and Scouting, Jake Muzzin now pro scout. Chris Bourque new role as Free Agent Scout

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wait…can you be a pro scout AND be on LTIR?

Pronger was working for the NHL and still getting paid by the Coyotes on LTIR.

These hires are pretty much up in the air since they have no track record. I do like the idea of putting eyes on college/junior free agents, there is a lot of potential free value in that market.

Reactions: Forgotusername

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Solid moves. More eyes to have in the organization never hurt. Muzzin’s a smart guy, and knows what winners look like. Mac has been around the league a long time for a reason. Good to keep good people around the organization.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Happy to see both these guys staying within the Org. Especially Muzzin, guy was a warrior for us.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think it’s dumb that you can be a player and a scout

Is he getting a new salary?

I know it happens in the league like pro fer
It’s still dumb

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I wish I knew what all of them are like personally. I have no clue whether they will work out in all these positions. I wish them well though. If it benefits TOR then great.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
The Mcelhinney hiring is a sneaky shrewd move. Knows the organization well, but more importantly, being something of a career journeyman tender, he's worked with several goalie coaches over his time. Could be a real asset to the role.

Reactions: Prominence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad