Current Player Most Likely To Have Their Number Retired? (No Datsyuk or Zetterberg)

Anchor Town*

Why don't you guys think datsyuk wouldn't have his retired? I see it as a matter of when, not a matter of if.

Give me your best argument for retiring his number. I don't think he deserves it (or Hank)

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Okay, watch him on a good night. There's your reason. You notice him when he's gone, he makes a huge difference for the team, his absence makes the team noticeably worse. He's a legend, why wouldn't you?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No one.

I'm probably the biggest Nyquist supporter on this board, and I would be absolutely shocked if his number end up in the rafters.

Also on a side note... Really think it's stupid that #91 isn't up there.

Detroit Sports*

none of them. getting your jersey retired basically means you are a HOFer. This roster has none other than 13 and maybe 40 and they aren't on the list.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
No one.

I'm probably the biggest Nyquist supporter on this board, and I would be absolutely shocked if his number end up in the rafters.

Also on a side note... Really think it's stupid that #91 isn't up there.

I wouldn't actually. 9 years ago when Zetterberg was 24 he netted 43 points in 61 games, Nyquist has 28 in 37 games which is a higher pace and should end up with 43 in 57 games this season at current pace. It wasn't until 26 that Z became a 70 point man, and I expect Nyquist to follow a similar pattern

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I wouldn't actually. 9 years ago when Zetterberg was 24 he netted 43 points in 61 games, Nyquist has 28 in 37 games which is a higher pace and should end up with 43 in 57 games this season at current pace. It wasn't until 26 that Z became a 70 point man, and I expect Nyquist to follow a similar pattern

Way to set the Bar High? Unattainable?

Look I hope Tatar and Nyquist do really well.

I know that no one knew D and Z would be as good as they have been.

But to EXPECT that of anyone is unlikely.

Lets hope D + Z can impart whatever experience and skill they have on all our kids… maybe one will become amazing.

Right now I have to vote no one… since I'm realistic :P

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I've said this the last 2 years, but people on here are too elitist about this stuff. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Fedorov, Shanahan, and Kelly all should have their numbers retired by the team. I also think we should have a Red Wings hall of fame to commemorate a lot of guys like Ullman, the Grind Line, Ozzie, Hasek, and others.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

It's not even a lock that Zetterberg's get his # retired though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Z is far more than his numbers. His protection of the puck and his patience, poise, defensive skill is something I just don't see Nyquist being able to match. Pretty much no one in this league can.

Nyquist might one day match his numbers, he will not match the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad