Current Leafs on the rafters

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kessel will most likely be there. All depends on his production after 32 really. If Dion is here for the remainder of his career, he will be up there.

I won't speculate about Rielly and Bernier. We have no idea on what they will become at this point, although they both look like studs

Kessley Snipes*

LOL, I really dont know how you got off of my ignore list, back on you go. If you honestly think that dion belongs with the like of bower, sittler and sundin, you clearly havent watched enough of them. Many of them were generational talents that have defined this organization. Dion is a great player and a number 1 D, but he doesnt have that "special feel" that the rest of those players have, there is no way to quantify that, but it is absolutely true. When you watch a sittler, sundin, apps, clark, gilmour you are just amazed. When you look at gilmour, multiple 100 point seasons, won a cup, won a selke and completely defined this team. The guy was a ppg player for 2 decades... thats special. Obviously dion will never be a ppg player or anything like that, but he just doesnt have the impact that any of those other players have. When you look at this 2013 era team in 20 years, do you think dion will have honestly done enough to warrant an honor of that magnitude? thats probably unlikely.

Im pretty sure one of the universal characteristics of facts is that they can be quantified. But not in the world of Mikeyg :laugh:

Im sure glad though that your crystal ball tells you that rielly will be there though. Considering Dion is just going to sit back and do nothing for the next decade of his career.

Honestly please keep posting though.:laugh:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Im pretty sure one of the universal characteristics of facts is that they can be quantified. But not in the world of Mikeyg :laugh:

Im sure glad though that your crystal ball tells you that rielly will be there though. Considering Dion is just going to sit back and do nothing for the next decade of his career.

Honestly please keep posting though.:laugh:

you honestly think dion will be a ppg player? LOL by that standard/criteria, I can say with absolute certainty that he will not make it. Man you are always a great read.

Kessley Snipes*

you honestly think dion will be a ppg player? LOL by that standard/criteria, I can say with absolute certainty that he will not make it. Man you are always a great read.

Clearly you can't ignore me. The infatuation is flattering :laugh:

Kessley Snipes*

K I actually put you on ignore now. Goodnight. No point in arguing with some1 who doesnt produce arguments and just laughs about things

Hard to argue with someone once the fatal flaw in your own argument was exposed :laugh:

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
So Dion is a 'pipe dream' but the rookie who has played what, 8 games has a shot?

Get real.

welcome to Leaf boards, every minute of every hour of every day. Don't worry, he replied with a "ur dum kid rielly ftw im rite ur wrong jonny bower" post. Another classic

Count Von Grabo*

i like rielly and hope he develops into a great dman, but you guys need to slow down. He could be the next Schenn for all we know (not playing style but impact). I think he's a much better prospect than Luke was, just making a point. Don't count your chickens until they hatch kinda thing.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
LOL, I really dont know how you got off of my ignore list, back on you go. If you honestly think that dion belongs with the like of bower, sittler and sundin, you clearly havent watched enough of them. Many of them were generational talents that have defined this organization. Dion is a great player and a number 1 D, but he doesnt have that "special feel" that the rest of those players have, there is no way to quantify that, but it is absolutely true. When you watch a sittler, sundin, apps, clark, gilmour you are just amazed. When you look at gilmour, multiple 100 point seasons, won a cup, won a selke and completely defined this team. The guy was a ppg player for 2 decades... thats special. Obviously dion will never be a ppg player or anything like that, but he just doesnt have the impact that any of those other players have. When you look at this 2013 era team in 20 years, do you think dion will have honestly done enough to warrant an honor of that magnitude? thats probably unlikely.

The point is, Rielly has played 8 games.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
No current Leafs player has a good shot at having his name raised to the rafters.
Phil Kessel is the only player who, at the current level of play, will be in the conversation of whether he deserves a spot or not.

If he continues in the pace that he has been as a Leaf (ppg or slightly above), and he plays at least to the end of his contract and 4 or 5 years more, he will have the statistical requirements.

But, I'm talking about 10-12 years at the current production.

hockeyfanz*

No current Leafs player has a good shot at having his name raised to the rafters.
Phil Kessel is the only player who, at the current level of play, will be in the conversation of whether he deserves a spot or not.

If he continues in the pace that he has been as a Leaf (ppg or slightly above), and he plays at least to the end of his contract and 4 or 5 years more, he will have the statistical requirements.

But, I'm talking about 10-12 years at the current production.

Holy Crap are you new here. You are writing a post firmly entrenched in reality. Bang on. Exactly. Nobody on this roster is even close. Kessel included. He has a very long way to go before consideration but I agree if he is on the team long enough he may have a shot. Other than him. Nobody.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Holy Crap are you new here. You are writing a post firmly entrenched in reality. Bang on. Exactly. Nobody on this roster is even close. Kessel included. He has a very long way to go before consideration but I agree if he is on the team long enough he may have a shot. Other than him. Nobody.

With Kessel here for 9 more years including this one, he has to be a good possibility. In fact barring trade which is pretty rare for top contracts or injury which he hasn't had in 4 years, he easily could be the all time leading scorer.

At the start of this year he was 300 goals behind sundin by 25.

By 25 Kessel had scored 120 goals as a leaf, and sundin had scored 97.

Points wise Kessel had scored 253 points at 25, and sundin had scored 224 pts.

In his last 10 years sundins highest point total in a season was 83 with virtually all of his seasons in the 70-78 pt range. As far as goals sundin had one 41 goal season a 37 goal season and the rest between 28-32.

I find it hard to believe that a healthy Kessel won't score an average of 32 goals and 75 point average over the next bunch of years. He should dominate those averages over the next 4 which would give him a good lead.

I called it from the day of the trade. I believe Kessel will be the best leaf forward of all time by the end of his career.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
With Kessel here for 9 more years including this one, he has to be a good possibility. In fact barring trade which is pretty rare for top contracts or injury which he hasn't had in 4 years, he easily could be the all time leading scorer.

At the start of this year he was 300 goals behind sundin by 25.

By 25 Kessel had scored 120 goals as a leaf, and sundin had scored 97.

Points wise Kessel had scored 253 points at 25, and sundin had scored 224 pts.

In his last 10 years sundins highest point total in a season was 83 with virtually all of his seasons in the 70-78 pt range. As far as goals sundin had one 41 goal season a 37 goal season and the rest between 28-32.

I find it hard to believe that a healthy Kessel won't score an average of 32 goals and 75 point average over the next bunch of years. He should dominate those averages over the next 4 which would give him a good lead.

I called it from the day of the trade. I believe Kessel will be the best leaf forward of all time by the end of his career.

While those numbers are all find and proper, you're making the assumption that not only Kessel will stay healthy for those 9 years and miss maybe 2-4 games per season, but also that his production will not drop from what it currently is.

I have always been a Kessel supported, and defended the trade from the moment I heard about it, and through the 2nd overall pick, and all the allegations that he's a 1 dimensional soft player, through the "contract nightmare" and continue to be impressed by his improvement.

I think that he could possibly get to Sundin's production level. But I'm not betting anything on that possibility. There is way too much time and way too many things can happen between now and then.

And, of the current Leafs, barring someone scoring a few cup winning goals and winning a few Conn Smythes, nobody else has a realistic shot at having his name in the rafters.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
If Dion Phaneuf wins a cup as the Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs, he will be up there... not even a question.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Kessel, maybe depending on how he plays

If we win a cup with this core, who knows, you may see 3 leafs honoured (Kessel, Phaneuf, maybe Lupul)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad