Current Leafs on the rafters

The Wall

Mar 28, 2013
So on the rafters we have Sundin, Gilmour, Bower, etc but when its all said and done 15 to 20 years from now, who on our current team will make it there. I think Kessel will for sure with the 8 year deal and his continued improvement. Who else? JVR? Will he become a top star for years to come?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Kessel will have to out score Sundin if he wants to be on there. Leafs have set a pretty large precedent for their rafters.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think Kessel certainly has a good shot at it. Stays a huge and skilled part of our team for a long time and yeah he should be able to make it up there.

Otherwise we'll wait and see. I mean a few guys could end up there if they managed to break the cup drought ;).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think Kessel will for sure.
JVR (if he stays here forever)
and Phaneuf.

oh and Rielly.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Whoever gets the Stanley Cup game winning goal will have their jersey enshrined in a case made of pure diamonds and unicorns.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nobody on this team has a chance unless they were a huge part of the Cup winning team.

I like Kessel, I like Phaneuf but they aren't rafter material if they don't win us a Cup.

Kessel might be on the rafters if he gets 500 goals + breaks the Leafs point record but I don't see him doing that.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Nobody on this team has a chance unless they were a huge part of the Cup winning team.

I like Kessel, I like Phaneuf but they aren't rafter material if they don't win us a Cup.

Kessel might be on the rafters if he gets 500 goals + breaks the Leafs point record but I don't see him doing that.

Did Sundin win a cup in TO while no one was watching? Of the current Leafs Kessel appears to have the best chance as he is the only truly elite player we have entering into his prime years. That said a guy like Bernier or Reilly could live up to their hype and wind up rafter material themselves but it is rather early in their respective careers to speculate on that. Phaneuf is damn good but so were a lot of defensemen who were with the Leafs and who never were considered "rafter material".

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Did Sundin win a cup in TO while no one was watching? Of the current Leafs Kessel appears to have the best chance as he is the only truly elite player we have entering into his prime years. That said a guy like Bernier or Reilly could live up to their hype and wind up rafter material themselves but it is rather early in their respective careers to speculate on that. Phaneuf is damn good but so were a lot of defensemen who were with the Leafs and who never were considered "rafter material".

in 2004-2005.
we were playing hockey while the rest of the league was locked out. the mysterious #14th cup explained.

Mr Scarface*

I remember thinking Kaberle had a pretty good shot. Who knows
Not anymore. Playing for the Montreal Canadiens decided it.

Kessel has a chance if he plays for us a long long time and gets close to Mats Sundin. Kessel's one key issue and thing is the survivor stamp.

Dion Phaneuf is a Captain and that is a huge thing in Toronto. If he stays with us a long time and gets even close to a Cup in the playoffs, he has a chance.

Our current good, very good goalies are not even on my mind yet. They have to be even close to Belfour Potvin level to get there. And that's a long time stay guarantee also.

Randy Carlyle is one of the biggest names in our current leaf squad who should get mad recognition of his doings. He bring back our true identity what to me is the most important thing happened in toronto in so many years.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Realistically kessel if he keeps up 30 + a year for the next decade? dion is pretty much a pipe dream... come on now people. The bernminister and morgan might also have a shot

bringthecuphome

May 5, 2010
Kessel i think will get there for sure. If he leads us to cup, Dion will be there. One of our goalies have a shot but have a LOT of work to do. Rielly certainly has the potential.

Kessel is the closest to a sure thing on the roster.

Kessley Snipes*

Realistically kessel if he keeps up 30 + a year for the next decade? dion is pretty much a pipe dream... come on now people. The bernminister and morgan might also have a shot

So Dion is a 'pipe dream' but the rookie who has played what, 8 games has a shot?

Get real.

morrielly

Dec 4, 2012
toronto
kadri has a shot. If all goes well he can be a 70-80 pt fan favourite for a decade +. Might even be the elite #1 centre that leads us to a cup

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I can't believe the illustrious leaf career of Ryan Hollweg hasn't earned him a spot in the rafters yet.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Kessel will break Mats Sundin's record for franchise points.

He's certainly got a shot, and I really hope he does. It's nearly impossible to predict these types of things, but I can confidently say Kessel will put his name in the record books for goals as a leaf. Because of that, he's the safest bet having a banner in the distant future.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
So Dion is a 'pipe dream' but the rookie who has played what, 8 games has a shot?

Get real.

LOL, I really dont know how you got off of my ignore list, back on you go. If you honestly think that dion belongs with the like of bower, sittler and sundin, you clearly havent watched enough of them. Many of them were generational talents that have defined this organization. Dion is a great player and a number 1 D, but he doesnt have that "special feel" that the rest of those players have, there is no way to quantify that, but it is absolutely true. When you watch a sittler, sundin, apps, clark, gilmour you are just amazed. When you look at gilmour, multiple 100 point seasons, won a cup, won a selke and completely defined this team. The guy was a ppg player for 2 decades... thats special. Obviously dion will never be a ppg player or anything like that, but he just doesnt have the impact that any of those other players have. When you look at this 2013 era team in 20 years, do you think dion will have honestly done enough to warrant an honor of that magnitude? thats probably unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad