Current Depth Chart

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Still can't believe Hextall pulled off getting the 1C prospect we needed the hard way.
Can some of the prospect experts help create a depth chart. I will take a crack at it but don't really watch too many non NHL games. I just used info gleaned from reading here.

Left Wing Center Right Wing

Lindblom Giroux Voracek
Weise Couts Schenn
Raffl Filpula Simmonds
Weal Nico/Patrick Konecny
Bellemare Rubstov Read
Cousins Vorobyov Allison
Leier Laughton NAK
Laberge Vechionne Bunnaman

Left Defense Right Defense Goaltenders

Provorov Gudas Neuvirth
Sanheim Ghost Stolarz
Morin Myers Lyons
MacDonald Friedman Sandstrom
Hagg Manning Hart
Brennan Alt Madsen

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Still can't believe Hextall pulled off getting the 1C prospect we needed the hard way.
Can some of the prospect experts help create a depth chart. I will take a crack at it but don't really watch too many non NHL games. I just used info gleaned from reading here.

Left Wing Center Right Wing

Lindblom Giroux Voracek
Weise Couts Schenn
Raffl Filpula Simmonds
Weal Nico/Patrick Konecny
Bellemare Rubstov Read
Cousins Vorobyov Allison
Leier Laughton NAK
Laberge Vechionne Bunnaman

Left Defense Right Defense Goaltenders

Provorov Gudas Neuvirth
Sanheim Ghost Stolarz
Morin Myers Lyons
MacDonald Friedman Sandstrom
Hagg Manning Hart
Brennan Alt Madsen

What are the paramaters of your Depth Chart? Veterans plus prospects with legit NHL potential?1

Konecny played LW most of last season so I would slot him there.

I would also remove Weal for now since he is not under contract.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
After watching last night's game, in two years both the Caps and Penguins are going to be slipping down the standings; more so the Penguins. With what the Flyers will have in their system, they are going to be ready to be a consistent SC contender at that time. As your prospective depth chart indicates, they are loaded at all positions. The biggest problem in the future will be cap management.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
After watching last night's game, in two years both the Caps and Penguins are going to be slipping down the standings; more so the Penguins. With what the Flyers will have in their system, they are going to be ready to be a consistent SC contender at that time. As your prospective depth chart indicates, they are loaded at all positions. The biggest problem in the future will be cap management.

Really stacked everywhere except LW. I think TK was on the Left Wing because that was our real need as there was no room on the right and they were hoping he would be fine there. I thought he showed off his excellent skills but i thought he looked lost from a team structure perspective. Im hoping he will be better on the RW.

IMO the biggest issues will be coaching/development and to a lesser extent LW. I wasn't very impressed with our coaching but the D was half marginal NHLers and the G for some reason (possibly coaching related) were really poor.

Other than Lindblom who is our best LW prospect?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Really stacked everywhere except LW. I think TK was on the Left Wing because that was our real need as there was no room on the right and they were hoping he would be fine there. I thought he showed off his excellent skills but i thought he looked lost from a team structure perspective. Im hoping he will be better on the RW.

IMO the biggest issues will be coaching/development and to a lesser extent LW. I wasn't very impressed with our coaching but the D was half marginal NHLers and the G for some reason (possibly coaching related) were really poor.

Perhaps Rubtsov for now?

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia

I agree that TK should be moved back to the RW where is skillset is at it's best. Outside forehand speed, wicked toe-drags, and the wicked short-side wrister are his hallmarks.

As mentioned above, Rubtsov has been played as a winger on both sides since moving over to NA. He's looked good wherever he's been put. Until the lottery I was adamant that he should be moved back to C, but more open to a shift now, although I'd prefer to keep him developing in the middle and eventually moving Giroux back to RW as he ages.

Allison is the first guy that comes to mind as a candidate to play LW. He's got a bombin right handed shot and has shown success on the left wing, especially shooting wise.

Still think Voracek should be moved to the left wing. Not only because I think he's fundamentally better suited to his forehand wing, like TK, but also because it helps balance our RW vs. LW clog. Voracek has also shown to play arguably his best stretch of 5v5 hockey on the left wing last year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Here is my take, which just includes the projected lineup for 17-18 and depth reserves that are likely to play in 17-18. In other words, it doesn't include prospects that I don't think we will see in 17-18 and it doesn't include UFA's, such as a Jordan Weal. Also not taken into consideration is who we lose in the Expansion Draft.

Center
Giroux
Couturier
Patrick/Hischier
Filppula
Laughton
Vecchione

Left Wing
Konecny
Lindblom
Raffl
Weise
Cousins
Leier

Right Wing
Voracek
Simmonds
Schenn
Bellemare
Read

Left Defense
Provorov
MacDonald (hoping he switches to LD this season in a reduced role)
Morin
Hagg
Manning*

Right Defense
Gudas
Ghost
Sanheim
Manning*

*Sucks at both positions so it doesn't matter and he has been used on both sides

Goaltenders
Neuvirth
Stolarz
Lyon

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad